Thinking Habits

Thinking Habits

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by Varenka
(Thanks to all replies.)

Yes, I agree and ask such questions myself… without any easy answers…

Words which realistically explain the way our minds work include: spontaneous, impulsive, automatic, sporadic, subconscious (partly), habitual, etc.

Words which do not include: mechanical, sequential, predictable, “programmable”, etc.

As you suggest, ...[text shortened]... urn to its original shape... but stretch it often enough and it won’t go all the way back”.
This is a fantastic thread. I particularly like your follow up post as well, because I can see this happen (little by little, but it does). This is why study has to be accompanied with playing and practicing. You then begin to recognize positions right away that don't need much calculation, and the ones that do. Once you learn this, you don't go right into calculation everytime it's your move because you recognize the type of position, or I like to call...its "feel."

Anyway...excellent thread, very thought provoking.

CCC Club Leader

Denver, CO

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by Varenka
I could add more but have ranted enough for now.
Rec'd ***This is a great thread! ***Rec'd

Thanks everyone for your participation, especially Varenka.

You are truely the Stephen R Covey of RHP.
You could write a "7 Habits of Highly Effective Chess Players"
(Seriously, that is a compliment)

As Chess players we need to re-evalutate our Chess Paradigm.
By doing so, I believe we can/will break through our individual Chess level plateaus.

I will definately keep an eye on your games/threads in the upcoming months.

Thank you!