Timeouts

Timeouts

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Jun 18

What's the position with timeouts? I was playing a game with 1 day timeout and no timebank, due to other commitments I was a bit late playing a couple of moves. Not days so much as hours as far as I can recollect. However my opponent didn't claim the skull but kept playing. Suddenly I get a message that I lost a game due to timeout although my opponent had only moved a couple of hours ago. Do skulls stay 'live' even though the game has continued? I tried to ask my opponent but it seems they are ignoring me.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
27 Jun 18

Originally posted by @phillbo
What's the position with timeouts? I was playing a game with 1 day timeout and no timebank, due to other commitments I was a bit late playing a couple of moves. Not days so much as hours as far as I can recollect. However my opponent didn't claim the skull but kept playing. Suddenly I get a message that I lost a game due to timeout although my opponent had ...[text shortened]... ven though the game has continued? I tried to ask my opponent but it seems they are ignoring me.
Please let me know if you find out. I thought once the game resumed, skulls vanished.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jun 18

Originally posted by @mchill
Please let me know if you find out. I thought once the game resumed, skulls vanished.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Savereide

Apparently alive and well living in New Mexico, 63 YO.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
28 Jun 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse

Wrong thread but I can't find the thread where she was talked about. Little crap like that pisses me off something fierce.

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
28 Jun 18

Originally posted by @phillbo
What's the position with timeouts? I was playing a game with 1 day timeout and no timebank, due to other commitments I was a bit late playing a couple of moves. Not days so much as hours as far as I can recollect. However my opponent didn't claim the skull but kept playing. Suddenly I get a message that I lost a game due to timeout although my opponent had ...[text shortened]... ven though the game has continued? I tried to ask my opponent but it seems they are ignoring me.
Skulls do not stay live after move has been made except in time bank only game. If you go into the game you will find a tab that says game log and details. Details tells you last move time stamp when you were skulled and Game Log will tell you time stamp of the previous move. Only you and your opponent have access to the game log. If the time was less than 24 hrs send feedback to site admin.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
28 Jun 18

Thank You!! Diane was a class act, always polite. Always quiet and respectful.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
28 Jun 18

I'm an idiot. It wasn't a thread. I figured it out. That chick was hot and still has some appeal due to her chess strength.

Moves
28 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ragwort
Skulls do not stay live after move has been made except in time bank only game. If you go into the game you will find a tab that says game log and details. Details tells you last move time stamp when you were skulled and Game Log will tell you time stamp of the previous move. Only you and your opponent have access to the game log. If the time was less than 24 hrs send feedback to site admin.
Thanks ragwort, checked it out and I see how it worked. Player did give me 27minutes after timeout before skulling me. Hey ho,, better not play this 1day no TB games while World Cup is on.