1. Joined
    19 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 03:01
    is it I , or do many players who have been playing quickly go away when the tide unexpectedly turns against them?
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 03:05
    Originally posted by jkerrig2
    is it I , or do many players who have been playing quickly go away when the tide unexpectedly turns against them?
    Not another....
  3. Sydney, Australia
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 03:35
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Not another....
    It is funny, because I was recently accused of just that. Took a day off work, so was unable to make a move for a day, but was accused of bad sportsmanship for slowing down the game when my opponent was on a winner. My accuser did back down after I explained.

Funniest part was that at the time I was accused, the game was pretty even and I went on to win it. Ultimately, this is a correspondence chess site, so you have to expect that people will take the entire time available to them if they want. And you probably find that like me, quite often there is a good reason (like they decided to go to bed or go to work or any other life tasks which inevitably get in the way of playing chess online).
  4. Maryland, US
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 19:31
    I can say for myself that I generally don't move between friday morning and sunday afternoon because I'm usually away from any computers on Saturdays. If a game happened to turn against me right before that pause and I look bad because of it, so be it.

I agree with most others. I too have been annoyed waiting for moves but you have to understand that that's just you being annoyed. They're just taking the time legally allowed to them.

And besides. What better time to pause then when the tide turns against you?!? That to me seems like the perfect time to stop and think about the position for awhile!! Everyone always complains about this though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree