1. Joined
    18 Sep '11
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 23:05
    Originally posted by dkurth
    You didn't really say what was giving you the most trouble when you play, so "anything" may help....or it may not. I looked at the few games posted on this site. You got mated regularly. Why not start with that? You can't defend against a mating attack unless you recognize what's about to happen. Try spending some study time working on basic mating patte ...[text shortened]... websites, books, etc; there's plenty of sources for simple tactical exercises. Good luck.
    That's a good point - looking through chess puzzles is a good way to improve your tactical play, and provides ideas for your strategic play - it gives you a position to try and work towards. You've already been given a decent defence versus scholar's mate (the one that you posted), and often once it has been defended against, the person using it loses.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 02:40
    Do whatever you can to set the pace of the game. Don't move simply because your opponent moved, move when you are ready to move.

Read the "Art of War" by Sun Tzu!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree