Tired

Tired

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Moves
08 Nov 12

m

In attack

Moves
08 Nov 12

Moves
08 Nov 12

LB

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by gambit05
I am tired. Too much work to do. I don't find the time to properly think of good chess moves. The matchup of my games in the past couple of months is 50-something (top-3). However, the matchup of some of my opponents is 80 to over 90%. Do I really play human opponents?
I appreciate that many people are "not saying anything" for good reason, but I would like to add just this.

I have had one of your games on "bookmark watch" for several months and have thoroughly enjoyed watching your thought processes unfold as you played the game. Even though you may have regarded the effort as tiring and fruitless you have never the less helped provide one chess fan with some extra enjoyment of our favourite game. Whatever you decide ... thank you 🙂

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by Long Barrow
I appreciate that many people are "not saying anything" for good reason, but I would like to add just this.

I have had one of your games on "bookmark watch" for several months and have thoroughly enjoyed watching your thought processes unfold as you played the game. Even though you may have regarded the effort as tiring and fruitless you have never th ...[text shortened]... ss fan with some extra enjoyment of our favourite game. Whatever you decide ... thank you 🙂
Which game? 🙂

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by Long Barrow

I have had one of your games on "bookmark watch" for several months and have thoroughly enjoyed watching your thought processes unfold as you played the game. Even though you may have regarded the effort as tiring and fruitless you have never th ...[text shortened]... ss fan with some extra enjoyment of our favourite game. Whatever you decide ... thank you 🙂
Oh wow, thank you very much. You really cheered me up, more than you may think. Could you show which game you have watched?

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Proper Knob is one of the experts that can tell you if someone is using a computer chess engine. Ask him to check out the opponents you think are using chess engines against you. He had plenty of time to go check out my games and tell me I was using a computer engine. He even said mine was not as good as some of the others, but he never said which one I w ...[text shortened]... he newbies. However you may not learn to play good chess that way, unless you choose OTB chess.
After reading your post, I expected to see that gambit05 was less than 1000....

I would disagree, playing the provisionally rated players means you have a totally unknown quantity-I'd rather have some idea what I am up against.

m

In attack

Moves
08 Nov 12
2 edits

Originally posted by King Tiger
After reading your post...
His posts are not worth reading...

Apart from this one which is as close we have come to a confession about his blatant engine use. How he is still here is beyond me

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by King Tiger
After reading your post, I expected to see that gambit05 was less than 1000....

I would disagree, playing the provisionally rated players means you have a totally unknown quantity-I'd rather have some idea what I am up against.
My point had nothing to do with his rating. Why are some of you guys so obsessed with ratings?

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
08 Nov 12

I don't play the game for a rating and I don't play it for easy wins. I want challenging games versus strong opponents. Some wins, some losses, some draws. Most important is to enjoy them, to improve and to stand your ground to even stronger players over the time.

I am aware that occasionally one will face some cheaters, some blatantly use their engine move for move, others may just blunder-check their ideas, or use the engine when it is getting too complicated (and I like complicated games). Just sometimes I get the feeling that there are too many opponents out there that play too many brilliant moves. I might be wrong, but I am frustrated about this for a while now. And that is the reason why I started the thread. It would be really nice when some cheaters would be banned, if only the blatant ones. But it seems that this is out of control.

m

In attack

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
My point had nothing to do with his rating. Why are some of you guys so obsessed with ratings?
We're not, I think he was alluding to the slightly condescending tone of your comment. The main reason why there are objections to you RJ is that if we wanted to play an engine we would play an engine, rather than a sorry excuse for a chess player using an engine and pretending they're good. The forum is good for lower grade people like me to converse with those who are clearly more gifted at chess, and many of us find it extremely rewarding to learn from these people. What is not helpful in any way is charlatans like yourself pretending to be one of these gifted people. Your comments are annoying and transparently useless for people who know how to play chess, and misguided to those who have just started and would like to learn. They may well look at your rating and think you know what you are talking about, whereas a large proportion of us think you are using your derriere to type with. I have no idea how you are not banned.

(sorry for feeding the troll, it won't happen again)

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by morgski
We're not, I think he was alluding to the slightly condescending tone of your comment. The main reason why there are objections to you RJ is that if we wanted to play an engine we would play an engine, rather than a sorry excuse for a chess player using an engine and pretending they're good. The forum is good for lower grade people like me to converse with ...[text shortened]... have no idea how you are not banned.

(sorry for feeding the troll, it won't happen again)
..and if i might just add RJ, were it the case that you had a truthful rating, you'd receive no hostility here, as an incorrect comment about a position from an average player is generally not vilified on this forum. On the contrary, any player who contributes in any way is welcomed by this community. The one thing people here really just can't abide is lying. A fictitious rating that is clearly gained through banned aids such as chess engines is patently dishonest and in your case is painfully obvious.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by greenpawn34

st johnstone

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis

DJ

Moves