08 Nov '12 23:48
    Originally posted by roma45
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 00:20
    Originally posted by gambit05
    I don't play the game for a rating and I don't play it for easy wins. I want challenging games versus strong opponents. Some wins, some losses, some draws. Most important is to enjoy them, to improve and to stand your ground to even stronger players over the time.

I am aware that occasionally one will face some cheaters, some blatantly use their engine ...[text shortened]... cheaters would be banned, if only the blatant ones. But it seems that this is out of control.
    I did not think you would want to do the things I suggested. I said all that to point out the fact that you are going to have to live with your doubts and you are not going to be able to win every game if you play those at the top. All of us enjoy challenging games and like to win. But it is going to get boring if all you do is win.

I don't remember if I ever played you. I am not playing in any tournaments so you do not have play me again if you have in the past. That is one less doubt you will have. If you think I am an engine user don't play me and the same goes for anyone else. Just enjoy your chess and don't worry about the cheaters.
  3. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 02:24
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 02:49
    I am tired. Too much work to do. I don't find the time to properly think of good chess moves. The matchup of my games in the past couple of months is 50-something (top-3). However, the matchup of some of my opponents is 80 to over 90%. Do I really play human opponents?
    You are widely supported and respected.

My attempt to try to remove the appearance of a certain name from the thread list had more recognition than I expected. My thinking was that a blank post would remove the name of the previous poster from the list, but not hijack nor detract from the thread.

I was not completely successful, but I hope you will excuse the attempt.

When we perform an activity and hope to gain enjoyment or some other value from the results of our efforts, and something prevents that from happening, it is most certainly worthy of discussion.

It's nice to know you have fans outside of the clan. Sometimes we are oblivious to the positive results of our efforts, and it's refreshing to be appreciated!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 04:00
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett

My attempt to try to remove the appearance of a certain name from the thread list had more recognition than I expected. My thinking was that a blank post would remove the name of the previous poster from the list, but not hijack nor detract from the thread.

I was not completely successful, but I hope you ...[text shortened]... e are oblivious to the positive results of our efforts, and it's refreshing to be appreciated!
    You made a similar attempt to get me banned from the Spirituality Forum too. It worked for a little while.
  6. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 04:22
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 05:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You made a similar attempt to get me banned from the Spirituality Forum too. It worked for a little while.
  8. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 08:18
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett

I was not completely successful, but I hope you ...[text shortened]... e are oblivious to the positive results of our efforts, and it's refreshing to be appreciated!
    Thank you very much for your kind words.
  9. Joined
    25 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 11:18
    Oh wow, thank you very much. You really cheered me up, more than you may think. Could you show which game you have watched?
    It was Game 9107800 which I'm sorry to say you have recently resigned - but that is not the point. I came across the game about move 8 or 9 and bookmarked it because of the intriguing position showing at that moment. I enjoyed watching it and became absorbed in some your attacking ideas that you were threatening down the kingside. The way the material imbalance played out and even the gentle move rate of one or two a week just added to the "viewer experience". I felt that what you have said about the style of your play and your hopes for your games was clearly demonstrated despite the final result. Once again thank you.
  10. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 12:13
    That was a tiring game. I put quite some time into this, but my opponent was obviously stronger. It seems that he always found the best reply.

For example in this position, he played 19. Bc3. Amazing move. Anyway, thanks for your interest and for watching my game. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

11. In attack
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 12:22
    Originally posted by Long Barrow
    It was Game 9107800 which I'm sorry to say you have recently resigned - but that is not the point. I came across the game about move 8 or 9 and bookmarked it because of the intriguing position showing at that moment. I enjoyed watching it and became absorbed in some your attacking ideas that you were threatening down the kingside. The way the mater ...[text shortened]... hopes for your games was clearly demonstrated despite the final result. Once again thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree