To castle or not to castle

To castle or not to castle

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
59d

c

Moves
59d

Want to play me 20 games for $1million dollars and you don't castle? You will lose the 20 games as well as the million dollars.

Play games rated 300+ Elo above your rating on livechess sites and then not castle.

m

Moves
59d

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
58d
4 edits

@congruent said
Want to play me 20 games for $1million dollars and you don't castle? You will lose the 20 games as well as the million dollars.

Play games rated 300+ Elo above your rating on livechess sites and then not castle.
To castle or not to castle, that is the question.
Whether it's nobler in the mind to suffer the
forks and skewers of our outrageous blunders,
or to take hold of that tactics book we've not
yet opened and by doing the daily grunt work - end them! 😲

La fortune sourit à ceux qui sont persévérants

c

Moves
58d
1 edit

The OP's post (now deleted) was basically on the lines of "I'm 1300, I can take on anyone, I don't castle and don't see the need to".
Edit here is one of his games checkmated with King at E8... moral of the story 😂 castle

At 1200-1400, his opponents may not know chess strategy, chess tactics as well as 1600-1800 players but he would soon be found out.

c

Moves
58d

Just played a funny bullet game, white advances g4 and f4 pawns allowing Qh4+

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
58d

c

Moves
57d

@Venda you can post your games if you want help with analysis, looking at openings etc.

m

Moves
56d

@congruent
I do realize the foolishness of the question I raised. That is why I deleted the original post. The theory and principle behind castling can never be questioned. Every grandmaster emphasizes its importance, who am I to question a grandmaster on chess strategies? I appreciate the input and setting me straight, though it took a couple more defeats to open my eyes

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
56d

@congruent said
@Venda you can post your games if you want help with analysis, looking at openings etc.
Thanks for the offer
I could do that,but the majority of my errors are as mentioned before.
I just wanted to make a move and see a + or - afterwards,but of course this is using engines so it is probably cheating

Grandpatzer

Earth

Moves
54d

@mc31363 said
@congruent
I do realize the foolishness of the question I raised. That is why I deleted the original post. The theory and principle behind castling can never be questioned. Every grandmaster emphasizes its importance, who am I to question a grandmaster on chess strategies? I appreciate the input and setting me straight, though it took a couple more defeats to open my eyes
The moral of the story is this:

https://tinyurl.com/early-castle