1. Joined
    15 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 13:511 edit
    I am able to claim a victory in one of my games due to timeout. But what does it mean when the pop up says "please only claim if your opponant refuses to move" ?

Am I wrong to take the victory when i konw that my opponant will be making a move soon??

I realise that this is about a game im progress but it is a technical point that could apply to any game.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 13:53
    Always claim a timeout.......always. It's even better if you have a dead lost position.Then laugh like hell.
  3. Joined
    15 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 13:58
    but why does it say "please only claim victory if your opponant refuses to move"?
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:00
    Originally posted by lafredo
    but why does it say "please only claim victory if your opponant refuses to move"?
    politeness
  5. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:02
    I realy dont like to time out my oponents, i have waited long time to time them out and sent remainders, Its is because It is diferent when you work outdoors and sometimes dont know when you will make the next move, so i put miself in their position, i feel desperate when i know i will be timed out and cant play.

other reason is i like to finish games, i like seeing how its going to end.
  6. Joined
    15 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:06
    Originally posted by Superman
    I realy dont like to time out my oponents, i have waited long time to time them out and sent remainders, Its is because It is diferent when you work outdoors and sometimes dont know when you will make the next move, so i put miself in their position, i feel desperate when i know i will be timed out and cant play.

other reason is i like to finish games, i like seeing how its going to end.
    even if your lower rated and almost certain to loose?
  7. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:14
    even if your lower rated and almost certain to loose?
    it depends on your reason to play, if you play to achieve rating, you would even use a machine to get it, i feel that i am learning a lot in these dais since i am playing here, i am reading openings and other things, so if a better player than me kicks my but, it its normal to me.

bottom line, i play to win, but through my knowledge.
  8. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:17
    Good question. I really don't like that popup message-- it makes it sound like it's somehow churlish to claim timeouts. On some other sites, the timeouts happen automatically. In some ways I would prefer that.

IMO if your opponent hasn't posted a vacation flag with a good reason for his failure to move, just time him out. And ignore that message.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:21
    I like timing people out and getting a petulant whiney cry baby message from them later saying how unfair it was.....makes my dick hard.
  10. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:48
    I am able to claim a victory in one of my games due to timeout. But what does it mean when the pop up says "please only claim if your opponant refuses to move" ?
    It's Romulan for "Please click this icon to spread love, peace and happiness to the entire world." I've clicked on it thousands of times to precisely that end.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 05:24

Am I wrong to take the victory when i konw that my opponant will be making a move soon??

I realise that this is about a game im progress but it is a technical point that could apply to any game.
    Mercy is for the weak, and time is part of the game. Finish him!
  12. washington
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 06:20
    i look at it like this if your in a tournament you have a time limit so lets say you have 90 minutes to move and you or your opponent run out of time that means you lose. just like in tournaments if they cannot move within the time limit then you should win. why be polite if they are taking forever to move? some people i have played have made a game last 3 months just to piss me off because they lost
  13. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 08:51
    Originally posted by kmac27
    some people i have played have made a game last 3 months just to piss me off because they lost
    The way to look at it is this: those people have to look at a lost position every time they click on "My Games", which makes it even more annoying for them than it is for you.
  14. Fleet, Hampshire
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 12:22
    Just time them out, and collect the game as a win.
  15. Joined
    11 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 14:40
    it is simpel if you are concerned with boosting your rating i would take a time out victory. If you want to actualy beat your opponet then play

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree