1. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 14:50
    Originally posted by Improv
    I was initially hesitant to click skulls until I played Regicidal. As his profile states(in verse) for all to see(so, presumably, he won't mind), and which has been coursing through my mind ever since:

When a skull comes along
    You must click it
    Don't wait until it's gone
    Hurry click it
    The site's a happy place
    If you click it
    A smile will cross your ...[text shortened]... st forward - - Jump ahead
    Why hesitate - - And lose instead
    Just click it
    Click it quick!
    are we not men? we are devo!
  2. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 15:23
    I have clicked the skull on occasion but most times I do not. I'm here to learn chess more deeply and if it's still interesting I prefer to continue. In tournaments the skull now clicks itself after 2 days (IIRC).

In the following game the skull was up a long time at move 41. I was just about to click it when my opponent moved! More analysis work for me - but in retrospect I'm glad I didn't click as the final move turned out to be a real beauty.

Game 3238016
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 15:32
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    I have clicked the skull on occasion but most times I do not. I'm here to learn chess more deeply and if it's still interesting I prefer to continue. In tournaments the skull now clicks itself after 2 days (IIRC).

In the following game the skull was up a long time at move 41. I was just about to click it when my opponent moved! More analysis work for ...[text shortened]... glad I didn't click as the final move turned out to be a real beauty.

Game 3238016
    Pretty, the rook can't be taken due to 45. Rxf8+ and checkmate next move, and after 44. ... Qc7 you have 45. Rbb8 and white has no checks and can't defend both f8 and g7.
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 18:03
    unless they say something to you about going, skull.... only 1 person has ever said something to me...
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 18:48
    If the number 1 player on here can do it then why should us mere mortals worry?

Game 2472561

Game 2472562

Game 1715864
  6. Tionesta
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 00:46
    I have spent countless time waiting for a player to move and know they are dragging their feet by the tone of the game. I consider myself a very sporting person, but I never hesitate to take a skull. Time is a real part of the game, and psychologically, the foot dragger is usingn that against me.. I not only take all skulls, I relish it. I am saying, you have no respect for my time, I have none for yours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree