1. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 22:552 edits
    After yet another cheating story is told to everyone......one has to think...

what happens when the cheaters realize they can win by mixing up "computer" moves with there own moves and rely on "computer" tactics to win...thus bringing that "percentage" down...thus "fooling" the "authorities".....

Also...what happens when they stop cheating at the higher ratings....and go after the $10,000 purses at the world open?....anyone care who won the under 1600 class? no we don't...yet soon it will be won by a cheater...

And last but not least and not the last disgrace.....What happens when top GM's want the glory of being "our" new "idol" or "god" ???

Maybe they are a GM but don't have what it takes to be the best....so they cheat....and we all sit here idolizing there moves....only we are being fooled.....

This cheating has to stop....Metal detectors and body searches are a must.....And have "staff" on hand to watch for cheaters...instead of standing at the local GM's table watching his game.
  2. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 22:58
    I've paid over $100 dollars at tournaments just to enter...... with more than 200 entrants......someone is making money and they need to put it into security.
  3. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:21
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    I've paid over $100 dollars at tournaments just to enter...... with more than 200 entrants......someone is making money and they need to put it into security.
    Don't forget that most of the entry fee money is used as prize payouts. Yes, you're correct that tournament organizers can make good money with large tournaments. But people like Goichberg have already started adding increased anti-cheating measures in their big-money tournaments. (Just read the special rules in the tournament listings.) People like Goichberg are smart enough to realize that if cheating becomes a rampant problem, players will begin staying home, and the organizers' incomes will suffer.

And on the world supertournament level, my opinion is that the organizers have been slow to react, but that will soon change.
  4. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:28
    I'm in favor of everyone signing a contract stating that....if found cheating...you will face fraud charges from each participant in the tournament.

why ?? cause we all pay ...and we all are getting robbed...not just the tourny directors...

also..if i was at a tournament and there was a guy found cheating....
    I'd do him bodily harm....and thats no joke....240lbs and all muscle(yes i am a jock...look at my rating) and been to jail many times....i ain't afraid to go back.....I hate cheating at chess that much.
  5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:39
    I'm in favor of everyone signing a contract stating that....if found cheating...you will face fraud charges from each participant in the tournament.

why ?? cause we all pay ...and we all are getting robbed...not just the tourny directors...

also..if i was at a tournament and there was a guy found cheating....
    I'd do him bodily harm....and thats ...[text shortened]... been to jail many times....i ain't afraid to go back.....I hate cheating at chess that much.
    To each his own, I guess. For me, I'm not willing to go to jail over a chess game.
  6. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:46
    it's about respect....not the outcome of the game.

Cheating at Chess disgraces all the men that we(well atleast me) look up to...

We took a game of godlike
    men...Alekhine....Capablanca....Nimzowitsch...lasker..etc and made it a circus of computers and cheating.

I know I can't stop the cheaters...but god be with them if I am at a tournament and they are caught.
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:49
    you would not be jailed, all the 100s of people would say "we didnt see notin" 🙂
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:52
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    you would not be jailed, all the 100s of people would say "we didnt see notin" 🙂
    Riiiight.. the cosa nostra the chess community is not 😛

I hate cheaters too, but I'd still point you out to the cops. .
  9. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:54
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Riiiight.. the cosa nostra the chess community is not 😛

I hate cheaters too, but I'd still point you out to the cops. .
    even to a fellow warrior?? :'(
  10. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:56
    I wouldn't deny that I beat his ass.....i'd be proud to be the one who took the teeth of a cheater at chess.

I'd be taken away by the cops with pride.
  11. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:56
    I just hope Chess life gets a picture of my good side.
  12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:03
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    even to a fellow warrior?? :'(
    Yeesh.. now you got the song "I am the warrior" stuck in my head. Thanks a lot! 😠

Probably. I hate physical violence about as much as I hate cheating and it comes close to how much I hate the song "I am the warrior"
  13. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:06
    band name to that song?
  14. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:13
    band name to that song?
    Seems like it was Scandal that performed it.

I thought it was Heart, but apparently it was Scandal.

As you can tell by the album cover (http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Scandal/dp/B0000025YB) it was an eighties song.
  15. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:19
    oh....well umm....i'm more into bands like "Cannibal corpse"...."Hatebreed"..."Dying fetus" so....i dunno about .."I am the warrior".....

on another note...to eliminate cheating.....

All tournaments are 5 minute games....each board is a sensor board to record the moves.....the man who can come up with tactics faster wins....

we all go to the park and play blitz...yet we think chess should be a slow game.....5 minute games bring out the "real" tactics...

I may wake up tomorrow and regret saying it...but its an idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree