Topalov, Kramnik, Anand, etc on RHP

Topalov, Kramnik, Anand, etc on RHP

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
08 Oct 08

Could a top pro lose 1 game on rhp? Say he played 1000 games while maintaining atleast 100 games in progress at all times. All games set with move intervals of 1 day with 0 time bank. After completeing 1000 games would his record be 1000-0-0? Could anyone on here beat a top pro?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 Oct 08

Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
Could a top pro lose 1 game on rhp? Say he played 1000 games while maintaining atleast 100 games in progress at all times. All games set with move intervals of 1 day with 0 time bank. After completeing 1000 games would his record be 1000-0-0? Could anyone on here beat a top pro?
I think he won't be able to win all games with one move per day. He would bound to have a few draws against the higher rated players here (all of them have in their large simultaneous). And maybe the one or other would be able to snatch a win, if our player would play this one exclusively.

v

Moves
09 Oct 08

you can t hink like this: usually top players are weaker than top engines OTB...but on RHP engines are getting only about 2200 ratings(after this usually they get banned)...
so the top players here are stronger than... 😛

p

Moves
10 Oct 08

after 1000 games I guarantee they would loose 1.
There's always a mental fart or a slip of the mouse.

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
10 Oct 08

The top players here are not as strong as OTB grandmasters but given more time to evaluate the intricacies of a position, the analysis board to evaluate lines further and opening databases, some weaker players can gain a more profound understanding of the position and thus play at a higher level. A weaker master can beat grandmasters on occasion, especially if the grandmaster is not giving positions the necessary consideration.

For example:
Kasparov-David Tebb 0-1 '89, KID
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1311655

On RHP, there are a few players of OTB master strength, and the occasional player with a higher title ( or so I have heard by rumor - and have read in a few profiles ) . I am not going to say which handles - one cannot be too sure in these days of identity and the internet.
It is not so easy to gauge performance of an OTB GM on a CC site [ not very many GM’s play CC ] ; it really depends on whether the GM takes the games seriously. If the GM would take the games seriously, then the GM would hardly ever lose; if not, the GM may not do much better than 2100 strength on this site.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
12 Oct 08

Interesting question. I'd say these top OTB players would lose at least 3-4 games out of 1000 to the top RHP folks, maybe more. Just remember, these top pro's are just as human as the rest of us. (It just does not seem like it sometimes!)
😏

t

Moves
12 Oct 08
3 edits

100 games at 1/0 time controls means 100 moves each day. Let's say they sleep 8 hours and take 2 hours to get ready for the day and eat their meals. That means they would spend 14 hours each and every day playing chess here; hardly plausible but this is just an example. On average 7.14 moves every hour is needed which is already not much more time to think about their moves than a regular OTB game. They would suffer burn out and make too many errors to win all 1000 games... With this criteria I doubt they would even win over 900.

Edit: I would also like to point out that they have to do this EVERY day for over three years if they only made 1 move in each game every day.

p

Moves
12 Oct 08

Originally posted by tomtom232
100 games at 1/0 time controls means 100 moves each day. Let's say they sleep 8 hours and take 2 hours to get ready for the day and eat their meals. That means they would spend 14 hours each and every day playing chess here; hardly plausible but this is just an example. On average 7.14 moves every hour is needed which is already not much more time to think ...[text shortened]... o many errors to win all 1000 games... With this criteria I doubt they would even win over 900.
Where you been? I saw that tournament where you resigned every single game with both colors. What's up with that? Did you burn out?

t

Moves
12 Oct 08

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
Where you been? I saw that tournament where you resigned every single game with both colors. What's up with that? Did you burn out?
That was the tourney that I blitzed all my moves. I am really only paying attention in the Grob thematic tourney because I have to face off with DF if we both make it that far. I wagered that I could beat him as black.

p

Moves
12 Oct 08

Congrats on winning the section with itsyouthatiadore. I remember very early in the tournament forum that you said you really wanted to beat him. (Nothing personal of course ... just to knock out a strong player). Well Done
Handshake

t

Moves
12 Oct 08

Congrats on winning the section with itsyouthatiadore. I remember very early in the tournament forum that you said you really wanted to beat him. (Nothing personal of course ... just to knock out a strong player). Well Done
Handshake
I haven't knocked him out yet. He could still win the second game if I slip up but I really have the gist of this endgame and coming up he'll have a choice of three pawn moves... One loses obviously, one loses but doesn't appear to right away and one might hold on to a draw. I think that's pretty cool and it shows how profound the endgame is. I am going to present it as a problem to petrovitch and maybe he'll put it on PCT because it illustrates some endgame principles and techniques.

p

Moves
13 Oct 08

He's out. Your name is highlighted in green, and he can't catch you in points. 🙂

t

Moves
13 Oct 08

He's out. Your name is highlighted in green, and he can't catch you in points. 🙂
It would say group decided if he couldn't catch me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think if he wins this game that him and I will be tied in points.

p

Moves
13 Oct 08

It does say group decided. 🙂
I clicked on tournaments, my active, Grob's Attack.
I'm looking at your section now.

ItsYouThatIAdore has 10 out a possible 13.
UNCLEBRO has 4 out of a possible 7.
tomtom232 has 15 out of a possible 18 and is highlighted in dark green.
odie has 0 out of a possible 3.

ItsYouThatIAdore drew with UNCLEBRO.
He can not catch you.
If you lose you only have one loss, he has a loss and a draw.
🙂

t

Moves
13 Oct 08

It does say group decided. 🙂
I clicked on tournaments, my active, Grob's Attack.
I'm looking at your section now.

ItsYouThatIAdore has 10 out a possible 13.
UNCLEBRO has 4 out of a possible 7.
tomtom232 has 15 out of a possible 18 and is highlighted in dark green.
odie has 0 out of a possible 3.

ItsYouThatIAdore drew with UNCLEBRO.
He can not catch you.
If you lose you only have one loss, he has a loss and a draw.
🙂
I hadn't noticed that he had a draw. I figured with as badly as I whipped unclebro and odie that he would too... No offense to those two intended.