Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 08 Nov '06 20:52
    how do you know the starting date of a tournament ?
  2. 08 Nov '06 20:55 / 1 edit
    Try calling the USCF. Other than that I don't know. Usually when you are going to go to a tournament you know when it starts.
  3. 08 Nov '06 21:03
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Try calling the USCF. Other than that I don't know. Usually when you are going to go to a tournament you know when it starts.
    i meant a tournament on this site.
  4. 08 Nov '06 21:27
    Originally posted by climb2high
    i meant a tournament on this site.
    You don't.
    I've suggested earlier that a preliminarey date should be announced for every tournament.
    If you think this is a good idea - use one of your recommendations on this posting.
  5. 08 Nov '06 21:29
    An site admin must start it. This usually doesn't happen untill it is full and even then may take a day or two. You will receive an email notification when it does. The tournaments that are duels and/or have fast timebanks tend to fill up and start quickly. Also the ones that are 1700+ fill up slowest while the lower rated tiers fill up faster and the ones with no rating restriction fastest of all (IME).
  6. 09 Nov '06 11:59
    Originally posted by zebano
    An site admin must start it. This usually doesn't happen untill it is full and even then may take a day or two. You will receive an email notification when it does. The tournaments that are duels and/or have fast timebanks tend to fill up and start quickly. Also the ones that are 1700+ fill up slowest while the lower rated tiers fill up faster and the ones with no rating restriction fastest of all (IME).
    thanks, i simply wanted to know if i was blind or not...

It makes sense that it starts when it's full. With enough timebank, i don't mind joining a tournament. But over weekends, i sometimes have no connection. So i wanted to know which ones to join.