1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    02 May '18 12:59
    Just recently we (The Bad Bishops) have tried to go over to a more transparent way of matching games up, namely Tournament Entry Rating. We try and pair games with competing clans to +/- 35 points each player.

This way we get away from the smoke and mirrors and horse trading that typically can take place, with one clan trying to kid another that their player who has been performing most of the year at 1750, is really a 1500 player (due a recent bad run).

The beauty of working to an agreed formula/system like TER is that it is checkable, so agreement on pairings should be a relatively quick and fair process.

If you like the sound of that, please stop by and challenge us, we will always oblige, irrespective of the clan size.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 May '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @medullah
    Just recently we (The Bad Bishops) have tried to go over to a more transparent way of matching games up, namely Tournament Entry Rating. We try and pair games with competing clans to +/- 35 points each player.

This way we get away from the smoke and mirrors and horse trading that typically can take place, with one clan trying to kid another that their p ...[text shortened]... of that, please stop by and challenge us, we will always oblige, irrespective of the clan size.
    I sent you a challenge. It was still a bit of work. I now have a table of the TER of my clan., that should make things easier. Of course my own TER is at an artificial high due to a good spell some week back 😉
  3. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    03 May '18 14:53
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    I sent you a challenge. It was still a bit of work. I now have a table of the TER of my clan., that should make things easier. Of course my own TER is at an artificial high due to a good spell some week back 😉
    We look forward to playing 🙂

It does take a bit of work to set up but once you have the spread sheet (I'd probably only up date it once or twice a month) it's not too bad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree