Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 16 Aug '07 01:27 / 2 edits


    Black to move

    Edit: Sorry, that didn't work (obviously). I have the FEN for a problem -- how do I post it?
  2. 16 Aug '07 10:49
  3. 16 Aug '07 11:04
    Originally posted by basso
    [fen][FEN "5r1k/1b4pp/6r1/p1R5/Pp2p2q/1Q2B2P/1P3PPK/4R3 b - - 0 1"][/fen]

    Black to move

    Edit: Sorry, that didn't work (obviously). I have the FEN for a problem -- how do I post it?
    The easiest way is to create a set piece game, then copy and paste the FEN into the Insert Board from FEN button at the bottom of the post page. Then you can discard the set piece game.
  4. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    16 Aug '07 11:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by basso
    [fen]5r1k/1b4pp/6r1/p1R5/Pp2p2q/1Q2B2P/1P3PPK/4R3[/fen]

    Black to move

    Edit: Sorry, that didn't work (obviously). I have the FEN for a problem -- how do I post it?
    As above

    RXf2 seems an immediately obvious try but I only spent 5 seconds on it.
  5. Standard member truthinpositions
    dragon slayer
    16 Aug '07 16:15
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    As above

    RXf2 seems an immediately obvious try but I only spent 5 seconds on it.
    yes I saw it in about 3sec right after I saw the blockade on the pawn and the bishop x-raying g2. Nice puzzle anyway. 1...Rxf2 2. Bxf2 Rxg2+3. Kxg2 e4+ 4. Kg1 Qxf2+ 0-1
  6. Standard member truthinpositions
    dragon slayer
    16 Aug '07 16:17
    Originally posted by truthinpositions
    yes I saw it in about 3sec right after I saw the blockade on the pawn and the bishop x-raying g2. Nice puzzle anyway. 1...Rxf2 2. Bxf2 Rxg2+3. Kxg2 e4+ 4. Kg1 Qxf2+ 0-1
    sorry I mean e3+ not e4+. I am sure you know that but someone will not be able to resist correcting me.
  7. 16 Aug '07 20:44
    Originally posted by basso
    [fen][FEN "5r1k/1b4pp/6r1/p1R5/Pp2p2q/1Q2B2P/1P3PPK/4R3 b - - 0 1"][/fen]

    Black to move

    Edit: Sorry, that didn't work (obviously). I have the FEN for a problem -- how do I post it?
    It's a draw.
  8. 17 Aug '07 02:47
    This is actualy kind of a weak problem because both of the obvious moves win. Rxf2 is weaker then Rxg2 though, after the combo is over black is up a bishop and a pawn in a won endgame