1. Joined
    13 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 16:59
    Hi all, I have been on this great site for many years and I think my highest rating was 2275 (currently 2203). It is now becoming a drag on my time, and I have been losing interest for a while, thus running my games down to zero. I get great pleasure from helping people to improve and am looking for a handful of players who are looking to improve. All I ask is that you are serious about wanting to get better (you intend to stay on the site for at least 6 months), and have the ability to listen to my help, and the determination to get better. And of course, if you find my advice not very useful we can stop at any time. Hope this doesnt sound arrogant in any way, I just want to help a few people... first come first served, so please dont be offended if I cant fit you in.
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 17:08
    Originally posted by carpiste
    I get great pleasure from helping people to improve and am looking for a handful of players who are looking to improve. All I ask is that you are serious about wanting to get better (you intend to stay on the site for at least 6 months), and have the ability to listen to my help, and the determination to get better. And of course, if you find my advice not ver ...[text shortened]... nt to help a few people... first come first served, so please dont be offended if I cant fit you in.
    Can you please help me to get rid of 8ft of water in my, as of today, abandoned house? 🙁

-m.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 17:13
    Hi all, I have been on this great site for many years and I think my highest rating was 2275 (currently 2203). It is now becoming a drag on my time, and I have been losing interest for a while, thus running my games down to zero. I get great pleasure from helping people to improve and am looking for a handful of players who are looking to improve. All I ask ...[text shortened]... o help a few people... first come first served, so please dont be offended if I cant fit you in.
    Sign me up!!!
  4. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 17:36
    Help is always welcome!

But how does it come that you're losing interest? This game has so much to offer for players of all levels.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 17:43
    Hi all, I have been on this great site for many years and I think my highest rating was 2275 (currently 2203). It is now becoming a drag on my time, and I have been losing interest for a while, thus running my games down to zero. I get great pleasure from helping people to improve and am looking for a handful of players who are looking to improve. All I ask ...[text shortened]... o help a few people... first come first served, so please dont be offended if I cant fit you in.
    I'm keen on this, but how do you plan to teach us?
  6. UK
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 17:43
    I'd be interested please.
  7. In attack
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 17:461 edit
    I'm keen so yes please if I make the cut...

... but considering that my current opponents are also keen, the status quo may remain, but at just a slightly higher standard 😉
  8. In attack
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 17:48
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Can you please help me to get rid of 8ft of water in my, as of today, abandoned house? 🙁

-m.
    Are you getting shafted by the floods in and around Bangkok Mike?
  9. Joined
    13 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 18:13
    I enjoyed getting back to chess after a 30 year break, but after 5 years I am finding that finding all the best moves is becoming a bit of a chore rather than fun. Not sure I can explain it, but I know I would prefer to help some others and onlyu play a handful of games. I guess moving each day has become a routine rather than a pleasure.
  10. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 18:44
    I feel the same in endgames. Often when I have better material, but not really significantly (e.g. just 1 or 2 pawns), I'm too afraid to make stupid mistakes and lose the game after all. This takes the fun out of the game.

Similar with openings, because I know that there is theory that says some moves are better than others. Luckily, at my rating the middle game starts very soon.
  11. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 23:16
    I would be open to any advice you have to offer (chess related that is).
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 23:55
    sign me up!

When I first joined this site a nice chap from California mentored me over a few games and his advice was invaluable....have been feeling I've stagnated recently and starting to lose interest, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙂
  13. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 00:18
    Carpiste, what would you say to dividing the lot and forming two separate teams? I will coach one you coach the other and they can play against each other and then trade analysis post mortem?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 00:59
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Carpiste, what would you say to dividing the lot and forming two separate teams? I will coach one you coach the other and they can play against each other and then trade analysis post mortem?
    sounds interesting 🙂
  15. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 01:43
    This definitely sounds interesting. If possible, I would love to join.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree