1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 10:173 edits
    I am currently competing in an open OTB tournament, yesterday it was 2 rounds-day, and that's why I missed to comment 2 WC games - I had to rest, and go to the beach and prepare for the games.
    Yesterday I won in both rounds.

Game 1

Find winning trick for White here--->

Game 2

Checkmate in the centre of the table --->

White was forcing win in this ending and managed first to confuse himself (and lose Pawn on a3 by oversight), and then he played Ke4 a tempo...

My first opponent was British retired and didn't take opening seriously (he could have made me sacrifice a piece for attack, but he lost without fight), and the other (the self-checkmated one) was a member of Kasparov media team, a kind of an opposition politician in Russia. He has decent rating, but there is no chess games of his on the net, not single one. His strength is, I would say, ca, 1800, and I think that the rating is only a cover.

During our game, he had a small suitcase with him, kept it close to his body carefully, and each time he went to men's room he took the suitcase with him.

There are several men with same last name at the tournament, probably a spy family on secret task for CIA or MI6.

In the other game, the question is did White have a win here-->

He just played 43. f5 and I replied 43. ...Rd6
    He captured a tempo 44. fxg6, and I was afraid of Bishop move and possible f6 later...
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 10:42
    http://imgur.com/a/BoIau

And on the link above there are some pics from that OTB tournament.
    After first game I went to the beach - notice my legs in black-white socks - and the water was 22 degrees, whole sea for me, like a colossal swimming pool, an old man was whishing and feeding the cats with catch, and after second win I went to the pub and watched Djokovic's match and friendly shocker England vs. Spain over loal draft beer.

The last pic is blurred because I had to many beers in me,,,
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 11:46
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    http://imgur.com/a/BoIau

And on the link above there are some pics from that OTB tournament.
    After first game I went to the beach - notice my legs in black-white socks - and the water was 22 degrees, whole sea for me, like a colossal swimming pool, an old man was whishing and feeding the cats with catch, and after second win I went to the pub and wa ...[text shortened]... vs. Spain over loal draft beer.

The last pic is blurred because I had to many beers in me,,,
    In the first position, after N-g6, did he just resign on the spot or try to get the queen out of danger and lose rook?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 11:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In the first position, after N-g6, did he just resign on the spot or try to get the queen out of danger and lose rook?
    Correct solution.
    He played 16. ...Qd5 and lost exchange and resigned in 26th move.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:50
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Correct solution.
    He played 16. ...Qd5 and lost exchange and resigned in 26th move.
    You have a nice rating here. What is your OTB rating? Is it ELO, FIDE?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree