1. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 00:52
    A thought recently struck me. Most times there are two queens each on the board, the game ends very rapidly by a checkmate - or a queen swap occours.

I was wondering, therefore, whether there were any games that have gone on for a lengthy amount of moves with four (or more) queens present and, if so, why not post them in here.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 01:25
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    A thought recently struck me. Most times there are two queens each on the board, the game ends very rapidly by a checkmate - or a queen swap occours.

I was wondering, therefore, whether there were any games that have gone on for a lengthy amount of moves with four (or more) queens present and, if so, why not post them in here.
    .....You mean like Alekhine's famous game?
  3. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 01:501 edit
    I play tons lengthy games with the Queens still on the board. As soon as CM10 stops analyzing this game I've just done I'll post it here. My opponent and I had kept our Queens through most of the games, and it's about 40 moves long.

If that's what you are looking for. If not then sorry about my presents in this thread 🙂
  4. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 02:12
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1282607
  5. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 02:16

I noticed this game from the 2007 Championship between cludi and seadevil.

Game 2580860

The position after Black's 88th move, d1=Q.

Black won a few moves later.

What really surprised me about this game, is seadevil allowed cludi to queen first and have a few checks, but had presumably worked everything out and seen that he was winning.

But maybe that's why seadevil is rated 2430 and is ranked third on the site.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 02:20
    Originally posted by David Tebb

Game 2580860

[fen]1Q6/3b4/1p6/1k2p1Q1/1P1q4/5P2/6K1/3q4 w - - 0 89[/fen]

What really surprised me about this game, is seadevil allowed cludi to queen first and have a few checks, but ha ...[text shortened]... was winning.

Nice game.
  7. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 02:26

http://www.xs4all.nl/~timkr/records/records.htm

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1316515
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1316514
  8. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 18:30
    Originally posted by David Tebb

Game 2580860

[fen]1Q6/3b4/1p6/1k2p1Q1/1P1q4/5P2/6K1/3q4 w - - 0 89[/fen]

What really surprised me about this game, is seadevil allowed cludi to queen first and have a few checks, but ha ...[text shortened]... was winning.

I was very surprised too!
    It shows great confidence to allow your opponent to have 2 queens on the board for several moves and it certainly requires pretty accurate calculations!
    The game as a whole was pretty good. I actually sac'ed on h6 in the hope to get a draw against Seadevil - an opponent I've never managed to get even a single draw from.

Btw, it was not played in the 2007 Championship but in a long haul tournament that I joined only a month after joining RHP!
  9. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 16:20
    Wow, the tournament that this game from (Long Haul Grouped X) is still going on, more than three years after it started!
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=277
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 15:161 edit
    I gained 2 queens in Game 4605046.

After queening with a8(Q), I was expecting Bxa8

However he played Nc8?? and I had a mate in 2. 🙂
  11. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 15:22
    Whenever I am the controller of a junior tournament, if one of the children asks for another queen I stand close by and wait for the inevitable stalemate.
  12. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 15:26
    Game 2580860
    Just out of curiousity, how accurately did both play the last 25-30 moves?
    It looks utterly mind-boggling to me.
  13. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 15:50
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Game 2580860
    Just out of curiousity, how accurately did both play the last 25-30 moves?
    It looks utterly mind-boggling to me.
    Can you imagine trying to work out the complexities of that one over the board? You'd need nerves of steel, and underpants of something easily washable.
  14. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 15:59
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Whenever I am the controller of a junior tournament, if one of the children asks for another queen I stand close by and wait for the inevitable stalemate.
    I directed a scholastic tournament with 25 kids in the K-2 (about 6-9 years old) section. There were 3 instances of stalemate with at least Q + Q +R +R vrs king.

😞
  15. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 10:37
    Originally posted by zebano
    I directed a scholastic tournament with 25 kids in the K-2 (about 6-9 years old) section. There were 3 instances of stalemate with at least Q + Q +R +R vrs king.

😞
    I was the controller for an under 11 tournament on Saturday. In one game a girl promoted a pawn to give her two queens against her opponent's lone king and pawn. Then, rather than checkmating in two or three moves, she promoted another pawn, then another and finally one more giving her five queens (and two rooks and a bishop) against king and pawn. I counted how many mates in one she had - it was eleven. However she decided to take her opponent's last pawn instead and, needless to say, stalemated her opponent. She was horrified when she saw what she had done and even more so when realised that I was watching, so there was no undoing the move, but she took it well considering.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree