Uchess Bans

Uchess Bans

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
26 Apr 07
1 edit

I've never seen this before; three uChess accounts have been deleted off the first page of the player tables, including one whom I strongly suspect was our very own MerchantParkPro/Jason Repa (based upon our 'conversations'😉. Another banned from the first page had a handle called "Chesscheater," and I know nothing of the last one deleted. Anyway, this is the first I've seen of the uChess moderating team, which seems to finally be taking a crack at the cheating I have heard is so rampant there. And it's also good to see a troll like Repa banned from another site.

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
26 Apr 07

repa is a very strong chess player

R

Moves
26 Apr 07

Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
repa is a very strong chess player
He was probably banned for the same reason he was banned here. The others no doubt were banned for cheating.

IC

Moves
26 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Ramiri15
I've never seen this before; three uChess accounts have been deleted off the first page of the player tables, including one whom I strongly suspect was our very own MerchantParkPro/Jason Repa (based upon our 'conversations'😉. Another banned from the first page had a handle called "Chesscheater," and I know nothing of the last one deleted. Anyway, this is so rampant there. And it's also good to see a troll like Repa banned from another site.
If you want to see the mod in action, send chesswizardry a PM. Cuss at him alot and say stuff about his mom. He gets a big kick out of that, 😵

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
26 Apr 07

Originally posted by Ramiri15
I've never seen this before; three uChess accounts have been deleted off the first page of the player tables, including one whom I strongly suspect was our very own MerchantParkPro/Jason Repa (based upon our 'conversations'😉. Another banned from the first page had a handle called "Chesscheater," and I know nothing of the last one deleted. Anyway, this is ...[text shortened]... so rampant there. And it's also good to see a troll like Repa banned from another site.
do they have a removed players list?

IC

Moves
26 Apr 07

Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
do they have a removed players list?
No, but MPP would be 80% of the list. 🙂

p

Merced, California

Moves
26 Apr 07

i'm curious to know how they detect cheating for sites like this? it seems really tricky to control for. i have no interest in it, but how do i know my opponent doesn't? anyone know?

DS

Moves
26 Apr 07

Originally posted by primacide
i'm curious to know how they detect cheating for sites like this? it seems really tricky to control for. i have no interest in it, but how do i know my opponent doesn't? anyone know?
Get some engine detection software like mine.

E

Moves
26 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Ice Cold
If you want to see the mod in action, send chesswizardry a PM. Cuss at him alot and say stuff about his mom. He gets a big kick out of that, 😵
If you give him a "kick" he is sure to give you the boot. He owns a "booter", and he is not afraid to use it.

p

Merced, California

Moves
26 Apr 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Get some engine detection software like mine.
engine detection software? holy crappin criminy... i'd like to meet the genius who figured that out. i guess it must incoporate known chess engines and check your moves against it (i.e. probalility that 'x' engine would produce a certain move). good lord. well, thanks. i was quite curious how they found cheaters.