Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 23 Oct '12 20:40
    I have fritz 13, with a few engines, though I'm ntot sure how to add and change engines. I have also downloaded stockfish though I don't know how to compile it.

I've been using chess tempo tonight, but how do i load one of my engines on this page? http://chesstempo.com/engine-settings.html I cannot seem to work out how to do it. What extension will a uci engine have? I have many files with .eng extensions, but they dont work.
  2. 23 Oct '12 21:06
    Dewi I think your just wasting your time with Chess engines at this stage. If you spent the time going through 1800-2200 level games in your favourite opening lines you would learn much more...
  3. Standard member kingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    24 Oct '12 03:20
    You'll need to be a registered user to use a chess engine on ChesstTempo
  4. 24 Oct '12 07:14
    Originally posted by plopzilla
    Dewi I think your just wasting your time with Chess engines at this stage. If you spent the time going through 1800-2200 level games in your favourite opening lines you would learn much more...
    Ok thank you. Do you have anywhere that I can find and search such games? I don't reply know my way around databases yet.
  5. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    24 Oct '12 13:31
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    Ok thank you. Do you have anywhere that I can find and search such games? I don't reply know my way around databases yet.
    Fritz 13 should have come with 1.5 million games.

From the menu: open - open database.
  6. 24 Oct '12 14:19
    Thanks. I wish fritz had come with an old fashioned manual
  7. Standard member kingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    24 Oct '12 14:37
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    A good place to find games is The Week In Chess

http://www.theweekinchess.com/

Every week there is a collection of a few thousand of the most recent games. I collect these together in a database of the last years chess to see if I can spot any trends in the openings.

I've never used this but if you've got Chessbase and a Repertoire database then you can run the next games against your rep to see games that are relevent to you