1. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 20:40
    I have fritz 13, with a few engines, though I'm ntot sure how to add and change engines. I have also downloaded stockfish though I don't know how to compile it.

I've been using chess tempo tonight, but how do i load one of my engines on this page? http://chesstempo.com/engine-settings.html I cannot seem to work out how to do it. What extension will a uci engine have? I have many files with .eng extensions, but they dont work.
  2. under your bed
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 21:06
    Dewi I think your just wasting your time with Chess engines at this stage. If you spent the time going through 1800-2200 level games in your favourite opening lines you would learn much more... 🙂
  3. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 03:20
    You'll need to be a registered user to use a chess engine on ChesstTempo
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 07:14
    Originally posted by plopzilla
    Dewi I think your just wasting your time with Chess engines at this stage. If you spent the time going through 1800-2200 level games in your favourite opening lines you would learn much more... 🙂
    Ok thank you. Do you have anywhere that I can find and search such games? I don't reply know my way around databases yet.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 13:31
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    Ok thank you. Do you have anywhere that I can find and search such games? I don't reply know my way around databases yet.
    Fritz 13 should have come with 1.5 million games.

From the menu: open - open database.
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 14:19
    Thanks. I wish fritz had come with an old fashioned manual 🙁
  7. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 14:37
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    A good place to find games is The Week In Chess

http://www.theweekinchess.com/

Every week there is a collection of a few thousand of the most recent games. I collect these together in a database of the last years chess to see if I can spot any trends in the openings.

I've never used this but if you've got Chessbase and a Repertoire database then you can run the next games against your rep to see games that are relevent to you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree