Art is hard
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 14:57
    really? jeez I had no ideia...
  2. The Smoke
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 18:502 edits
    Originally posted by orion25
    oh come on! do you really think that most people in china have a computer? let alone internet! not even 10% of chineese have a computer, I'd bet you a million on that. And russians aren't that wellfaring either, shure the country is rich, but so is Saudi-arabia! heck even here in portugal only some 80% have a computer. Not everyone lives like kings, as we do!
    there are 300 odd million Internet users in China alone....of course that doesn't mean there are like 100 million households connected to the Net, far from that.. it's still underdeveloped there... but have you seen the size of their cyber-cafes?

and the question was about 'chess' players which probably, I think we can agree, means someone who doesn't live in a shed (no offence intended)
  3. The Smoke
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 18:57
    Originally posted by orion25
    oh come on! do you really think that most people in china have a computer? let alone internet! not even 10% of chineese have a computer, I'd bet you a million on that. And russians aren't that wellfaring either, shure the country is rich, but so is Saudi-arabia! heck even here in portugal only some 80% have a computer. Not everyone lives like kings, as we do!
    are you reading Wiki '96 by any chance?
  4. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 19:09
    Originally posted by Renars
    are you reading Wiki '96 by any chance?
    how did you know?
  5. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 21:23
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    it's provisional, therefore it's invalid
    Your question was: "The top 3 countries of chess, but not a single one of them has a player that has made over a rating of 2000 on this site?"
  6. Joined
    12 Sep '09
    Moves
    19 Sep '09 01:09
    china isn't good at chess just for knowing perhaps they have like 25% of world pop but they have a lower amount of GM in top 100 than armenia
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    19 Sep '09 01:23
    Originally posted by GmKingcrush
    china isn't good at chess just for knowing perhaps they have like 25% of world pop but they have a lower amount of GM in top 100 than armenia
    the top 10 average rating in china places it 5th in the world. armenia is 10th.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree