1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 17:19
    The top 3 countries of chess, but not a single one of them has a player that has made over a rating of 2000 on this site?
  2. Lagos
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 17:262 edits
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    The top 3 countries of chess, but not a single one of them has a player that has made over a rating of 2000 on this site?
    Thats probably because hardly any of them are here. If you were Chinese or Soviet wouldn't you rather join a site that the majority of users spoke your language? Or at least a language you understood.
  3. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 19:15
    most people in those countries don't even have internet, let alone play chess via it!
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 19:20
    I see Russians at Armchair General, but never Chinese. I suspect they're not allowed to go to online forums or something.
  5. The Smoke
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 21:03
    Originally posted by orion25
    most people in those countries don't even have internet, let alone play chess via it!
    you live in a cave yourself?
  6. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 21:05
    Are you sure these three form the top three?
  7. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 21:11
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=527871
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 00:04
    Originally posted by Cimon
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=527871
    it's provisional, therefore it's invalid
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 00:04
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Are you sure these three form the top three?
    among the top
  10. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 06:54
    it's provisional, therefore it's invalid
    Then what about this one?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=299826
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 14:01
    Originally posted by Cimon
    Then what about this one?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=299826
    havent moved within 100 days, don't count.
  12. Lagos
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 14:07
    LOL c'mon man! Russia is part of the G8, China practically lives on the internet. Hmm... Ukraine I dunno but I'm sure ALMOST every country in the world has internet, if not every country.
  13. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 14:17
    Originally posted by Goshen
    LOL c'mon man! Russia is part of the G8, China practically lives on the internet. Hmm... Ukraine I dunno but I'm sure ALMOST every country in the world has internet, if not every country.
    oh come on! do you really think that most people in china have a computer? let alone internet! not even 10% of chineese have a computer, I'd bet you a million on that. And russians aren't that wellfaring either, shure the country is rich, but so is Saudi-arabia! heck even here in portugal only some 80% have a computer. Not everyone lives like kings, as we do!
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 14:311 edit
    oh come on! do you really think that most people in china have a computer? let alone internet! not even 10% of chineese have a computer, I'd bet you a million on that. And russians aren't that wellfaring either, shure the country is rich, but so is Saudi-arabia! heck even here in portugal only some 80% have a computer. Not everyone lives like kings, as we do!
    from a traveling website:

Today, China is one of the easiest country in the Asia to make internet accessible to businesses, homes, travellers and students.

If you are a business traveller or tourist, you will be pleasantly surprised that almost all hotels, down to 3 stars hotels, even in more remote Chinese cities offer broadband internet access in their hotel rooms. Most rooms will have an ethernet port for you to hook up to the hotel's broadband. Access is mostly automatically DHCP with dynamic IPs but in certain Chinese hotels, you may need to call the reception to allow access from your room.

You can also visit a cybercafe or 'wang ba' as they are known in China. Cybercafes are everywhere in China and can be a dingy 5 computer setup to large cybercafes with hundreds and hundreds of computers. Most cybercafes in China are patronized by young people whose sole purpose are computer games or online-chatting. These youngsters can spend days in the cybercafes without going home. If you find them too noisy for your liking, you can even request for a private VIP room to surf in peace and comfort!

and russia? you must be kidding! the home turf of hackers and online crime!
  15. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 14:421 edit
    regionally, asia also appears to have most internet users, almost doubling the number of the 2nd region which is europe.

asia 42% of all users
    europe 24%
    north america 15%
    south america 11%

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

here's asia broken down into separate countries, china outnumbering the 2nd largest japan by roughly 3.5 times.

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats3.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree