Moves
    12 Oct '10 14:231 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 14:331 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    what happens is that when ones thoughts are not subject to some defining criteria, they tend wander and dissipate into nothingness, in chess, we end up making pointless moves from not being able to make sense of the position. This happens to me all the time. I scan the landscape and there is no defining feature, i try to create one, but its not so easy. What can be done? Simply develop? yes, but development without a plan is uncomfortable and simply development for developments sake. I too wonder if this happens to other players.
  3. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 14:52
    Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say.

Exactly how quick of a time control are you thinking about? Game in 2 hours? Game in 45 minutes? Game in 5 minutes? Game in 1 minute? What?

"i make one move and i've forgotten what the board looks like, i can't take in the information of the board."

Exactly what does this mean? Does it mean you can't see the 64 squares of the board? You can't see the pieces? You can't see the tactics? What?
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '10
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 15:14

5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 15:27
    I'm not sure, but it sounds like what you're describing is a lack of what is termed "board vision". Once again, I'm going to throw out Dan Heisman's name. Dan talks about the board vision problem in a number of his Novice Nook columns. If you need help finding the right articles, let me know, but I'll give the link to Dan's Novice Nook web page, and you can probably find the articles as fast as I could.

Dan's main web page:
    http://danheisman.home.comcast.net/~danheisman/Main_Chess/chess.htm

Dan's Novice Nook page:
    http://danheisman.home.comcast.net/~danheisman/Articles/Novice_Nook_Links.htm
  6. Joined
    19 Jun '10
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 15:301 edit

7. c6
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 15:30
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  8. Joined
    19 Jun '10
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 15:341 edit

9. c6
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 15:40
    Will do.
  10. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 00:32
    Originally posted by EinZweiDrei
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
  11. Joined
    19 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 02:07

12. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 02:24
    Wash them down with a bottle of Scotch and you'll not only see the board, you'll be well on your way to chess greatness. Okay, you won't actually be great, but you'll think you are. And that's half the journey.
  13. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 02:25
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Wash them down with a bottle of Scotch and you'll not only see the board, you'll be well on your way to chess greatness. Okay, you won't actually be great, but you'll think you are. And that's half the journey.
    Rec'd!
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 02:44
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    He will be a GM in no time now.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 10:25
    Once you subscribe, you will find this very common issue improves dramatically, as will your sex life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree