Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 23 Mar '06 08:00
    Most of my games are against lower rated players than I am mainly because I am so unconfident to tackle players around my own rating. I feel that I would lose against them. If you check you my recent games most of them are far below my rating. Is this because my rating just jumped up?
  2. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    23 Mar '06 08:12
    Losing is how you learn.
  3. 23 Mar '06 08:22
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Losing is how you learn.
    then I could be a teacher...
  4. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    23 Mar '06 09:58
    Originally posted by shamley
    Most of my games are against lower rated players than I am mainly because I am so unconfident to tackle players around my own rating. I feel that I would lose against them. If you check you my recent games most of them are far below my rating. Is this because my rating just jumped up?
    strange as I have more difficulty with lower rated players
    Reckon I move too quickly not giving them the respect they deserve
    against my own rating I win more than I lose
  5. 23 Mar '06 12:40
    very very true.
  6. Standard member HomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    23 Mar '06 16:46
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Losing is how you learn.
    Good posting.
  7. Standard member M51
    25 Mar '06 02:13
    Losing a lot right now. Getting my butt kicked all over Yahoo. It's been a loooong time since I played regularly, so I expect to lose. A lot. And learn even more from it. I lost a game so badly last night that I laughed about it for longer than the game lasted. =)
  8. 25 Mar '06 04:29
    Originally posted by M51
    Losing a lot right now. Getting my butt kicked all over Yahoo. It's been a loooong time since I played regularly, so I expect to lose. A lot. And learn even more from it. I lost a game so badly last night that I laughed about it for longer than the game lasted. =)
    The same advice, here goes:

    Stop wasting your time playing chess on Yahoo.

    Play on ICC, Fics, etc...if you want to play blitz chess.

    Yahoo is corrupt, the rating system is dumb and its full of cheaters.
  9. 25 Mar '06 19:43
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    strange as I have more difficulty with lower rated players
    Reckon I move too quickly not giving them the respect they deserve
    against my own rating I win more than I lose
    Ya same here. When I play against a 950, for example, it takes me much longer to beat them than if I were to play an 1100.
  10. Standard member M51
    25 Mar '06 22:45
    Advice well taken. Will check that out. Thanks! =)