1. Joined
    13 Mar '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:35
    Most players on rhp are real gents. They play chess in the spirit of the game, i am busy playing a guy called ChessAddiction . The moment i gained a material advantage over him, he sent me a mssg that the game was boring and if we draw the game, we can play a rematch. i obviously replied that he can resign if he wanted to end the game. he then said "you better beat me" and suddenly he stopped moving multiple times per day to moving just before his timebank start depleting.. 2days and 20something hours..
    i messaged some of his prior opponents and opponents who are currently beating him, and they all responded saying he does exactly that!! eventually depleting the timebank aswell. Not very mature..!? (he forgets that looking at his profile i can see when he last moved.. usually every few hours on the games he is winning)
    he claims to be a finance professional, but this kind of behavior makes me wonder about the professional part 😉

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=6792260&cbqsid=24652

(our game)
  2. Standard memberAudioRapture
    Skull Disco, Jr.
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:541 edit
    As long as your opponent is moving within the time limits and is not abusive over the messaging feature, just write it off; it's annoying, but within the rules.
    Put him on your ignore list after the game is over and hope you don't get paired in any tournaments.

Edit: Just saw that you are a non-sub. Become a subscriber and you won't have to worry about your concurrent game limit in these cases.
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:56
    I always find this kind of thread more unsportsmanlike (i.e. naming "bad" "rude" people). Nice name he has, by the way 😛
  4. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 22:51
    Today I was playing some chessgame online (yeah I have no life) and my opponent was down to about 20 seconds and offered to abort the game (I had over a minute left). Naturally I rejected this rather strange offer. Was that unsportsmanlike on my part?

My opponent gave away a Queen three moves later to a N-fork, let his time run out and started hurling crap at me for being a bad sportsman. 😛
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 22:55
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Today I was playing some chessgame online (yeah I have no life) and my opponent was down to about 20 seconds and offered to abort the game (I had over a minute left). Naturally I rejected this rather strange offer. Was that unsportsmanlike on my part?

My opponent gave away a Queen three moves later to a N-fork, let his time run out and started hurling crap at me for being a bad sportsman. 😛
    Always smile when that happens to me, I wish I could have that kind of abuse more regular, nothing funnier in Chess than a sore loser.....
  6. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 22:561 edit
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Always smile when that happens to me, I wish I could have that kind of abuse more regular, nothing funnier in Chess than a sore loser.....
    I wonder why the abort function is even there, whacky interface anyway. I don't find it that amusing though, such abuse based on some piece movements is always completely uncalled for
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 23:11
    well, a sore loser like me resort to playing chess because i have nothing in life to live for.

beating the cr#p outta my opponent then spit on their dignity is my "get out of jail free" card for abuse/harassment.
  8. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 23:13
    There never seems to be a problem when you lose... but fasten your seatbelt when you happen to win...
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 01:142 edits
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    beating the cr#p outta my opponent then spit on their dignity
    dude you can't beat the cr#p out of your opponents in a chess game. I see some Fischer potential in you. I hope you don't become world champion.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 05:01
    Originally posted by philidor position
    dude you can't beat the cr#p out of your opponents in a chess game. I see some Fischer potential in you. I hope you don't become world champion.
    I gather nobody got the joke.
  11. Joined
    13 Mar '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 07:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I gather nobody got the joke.
    LOL!!!
  12. Joined
    13 Mar '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 07:40
    Originally posted by AudioRapture
    As long as your opponent is moving within the time limits and is not abusive over the messaging feature, just write it off; it's annoying, but within the rules.
    Put him on your ignore list after the game is over and hope you don't get paired in any tournaments.

Edit: Just saw that you are a non-sub. Become a subscriber and you won't have to worry about your concurrent game limit in these cases.
    yup, i guess all is fair in chess and war..
    it's rather like when playing a tournament and your opponent gently taps on the table with his/her finger, very irritating, but you look like the fool when you complain about it..
    i should subscribe, i'm just afraid i might stop working altogether an just play chess all day🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree