1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:38
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Allowing guests was a great way to introduce people to ICC, without forcing them to fill out forms just to obtain a mere 7-day trial. It was also nice to do occasional analysis or solving of problems with non-registered friends; now, I'll direct them all to FICS, where they can have a handle and full rated play for free.
    Although I cannot shake the addiction, I have not enjoyed playing on FICS for the past six months. The lag problem there, which was always bad, has become a pandemic. I would hesitate to recommend it. Instead, buy Fritz and play at playchess.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:11
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Although I cannot shake the addiction, I have not enjoyed playing on FICS for the past six months. The lag problem there, which was always bad, has become a pandemic. I would hesitate to recommend it. Instead, buy Fritz and play at playchess.
    Even with lag, FICS will suffice for game analysis and problem solving...
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 21:45
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Even with lag, FICS will suffice for game analysis and problem solving...
    True enough, but if I cannot waste endless hours feeding my 3 0 addiction without unnecssary frustration (the quality of my play is frustration enough), then I cannot recommend a site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree