1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 14:03
    Originally posted by Wilfriedva
    did you tie an 8 game match with a full strength deep fritz running at full capacity?
    Of course not, only a Chess Grandmaster could do that.
  2. Joined
    31 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 15:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Of course not, only a Chess Grandmaster could do that.
    Are you being sarcastic?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 16:171 edit
    Originally posted by hamworld
    Are you being sarcastic?
    No.
    Hedonist said, "For instance, if you tie an 8-game match with Deep Fritz 8, is it fair to say that you play like a grandmaster?"

He is not saying he did it.

Correction: Sorry that was you.
    Hedonist said, "I think nowadays commercial chess engines are at least super grandmaster standard. So, if I could beat Fritz, I'd be on the phone to Anand."
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 18:46
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I found playing the 'characters' in Chessmaster 9000 did my game a lot of good. Chessmaster isn't the strongest engine but i found the different playing styles of the fictional characters very useful when i was first learning the game. The only problem with playing an engine on a lower setting is that the engine has no real way of making the mistakes rea ...[text shortened]... e away with very much, it'll just undermine your confidence in your tactical ability...
    Mark Uniacke the author of the Hiarcs chess programme has put a hell of a lot of work in to getting his programme to play realistic chess on it's weaker levels. The weaker elo sttings on the new hiarcs 14 programme are supposed to be very realistic.
    Together with the new Hiarcs explorer interface i think he's come up with the ultimate training tool for the improving player.
  5. Joined
    31 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 20:44
    Originally posted by Talisman
    Mark Uniacke the author of the Hiarcs chess programme has put a hell of a lot of work in to getting his programme to play realistic chess on it's weaker levels. The weaker elo sttings on the new hiarcs 14 programme are supposed to be very realistic.
    Together with the new Hiarcs explorer interface i think he's come up with the ultimate training tool for the improving player.
    They say Hiarcs 14 is supposed to be aggressive. Do you think it's more aggressive than Deep Junior?
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 21:51
    Originally posted by Talisman
    Thanks for this referral. I have been thinking about HIARCS, and your opinion is valuable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree