1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 16:40
    So...does this basically void tournament time controls?
    My opponent is still making moves within time limits...though he has sprouted wings.
    If this an "anti-time-out" insurance policy or loop-hole...I may want to avail myself in future. 🙂
  2. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 19:05
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    So...does this basically void tournament time controls?
    My opponent is still making moves within time limits...though he has sprouted wings.
    If this an "anti-time-out" insurance policy or loop-hole...I may want to avail myself in future. 🙂
    FAQ

The time and time bank will still tick down but anyone "on vacation" cannot be timed out.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:36
    Vacation practically doesn't exist.
    Airplane icon means only one thing - that you cannot claim scull until he/she is back from the trip.
    But vacation doesn't stop the clock - which is nonsense.

After Airplane icon is gone, a player is left with zero days and is easy prey for scull hunters.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 23:49
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Vacation practically doesn't exist.
    Airplane icon means only one thing - that you cannot claim scull until he/she is back from the trip.
    But vacation doesn't stop the clock - which is nonsense.

After Airplane icon is gone, a player is left with zero days and is easy prey for scull hunters.
    Thank you for the answers to my question.
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 03:49
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    [b]So...does this basically void tournament time controls?
    yes, it is a way to "use" the site's rules to your advantage . Get this : a player can be "on vacation" in some games but NOT on vacation in other games.. What is the logic of that? And besides, why should a player be shielded when he/she has completely used up ALL of their time?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree