Vacation?

Standard memberMacpo
Only Chess 23 Jan '09 12:49
  1. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 12:49
    Sorry to annoy everyone with this, but how does the vacation system work?
    Thanks!
  2. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 12:56
    From the faq section:

Select the 'My Settings' >> 'My Vacation Settings' menu. Then follow the on-screen instructions to book vacations.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 13:02
    Sorry, I saw that. What I meant was: what happens when you're on vacation? because it is mentioned that you still have to make moves, so I don't understand...
  4. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 13:05
    The clock still ticks,but you can't be timed out.Put a bit extra on to catch up when you get back.
  5. Joined
    05 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 18:45
    I am playing someone who had his vacation flag up when he challenged me, and continues to keep it up while playing. He has over 300 games in progress, and he uses the vacation flag to keep from timing out. He only moves after time is out, and I can't claim the timeout win because of his vacation flag. I think this is an abuse of the vacation flag, and I wish RHP would change the rules to keep this from happening. He is in a deep hole in my game, and it's only a matter of time before he loses anyway, but boy, it's a pain to have to wait until he moves at leisure.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 00:26
    Originally posted by Notrick
    I am playing someone who had his vacation flag up when he challenged me, and continues to keep it up while playing. He has over 300 games in progress, and he uses the vacation flag to keep from timing out. He only moves after time is out, and I can't claim the timeout win because of his vacation flag. I think this is an abuse of the vacation flag, and I wi ...[text shortened]... time before he loses anyway, but boy, it's a pain to have to wait until he moves at leisure.
    Isn't there a limit to the number of days you can be on vacation each year?
  7. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 00:32
    Originally posted by sh76
    Isn't there a limit to the number of days you can be on vacation each year?
    You're right, there is. 36 days a year.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 07:09
    I think if your on a game over load it's a perfectly good excuse to have a vacation.
  9. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 12:57
    >Having your vacation flag up doesn't necessarily mean you're on vacation. I normally still make moves when I'm "on vacation," and I will put up my vacation flag at the end of the year just to use up all the vacation days I'm allowed. You're allowed 36 which can't be carried over to the New Year and whatever unused ones are left over, I use up in December.
    >For those who use it to avoid being timed out because they have a huge game-load, well eventually those vacation days are going to be used up.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 16:01
    Originally posted by Meadows
    You're right, there is. 36 days a year.
    Sounds like a perfectly reasonable system to me.
  11. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 01:09
    I wonder how many threads have been started with the title "vacation"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree