1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 01:44
    I have only played a few games, but they made me wonder:

Does the variable starting position sometimes create positions where the first move isn't an advantage, or may even be a disadvantage?

I'm just curious if anyone has any experience or an opinion on the subject.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 13:37
    In general, I think its about the same as regular chess. You still get a development lead and can still stake a position in the center of the board better than black.

One noticable difference is that, since the pieces tend to be less optimally placed and you're less familiar with the positions, its harder to get traps in the early part of the opening. There are a few positions where the h or a pawns hang if you're not paying attention though, every once in a while a bishop check or a knight is easier than you're used to. None of this has a real effect on white's advantage, but it might have some effect on some players effectiveness in the opening.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 06:10
    Of all the 960 positions possible in Fischer Random Chess, only one is analyzed in depth. This position, on the other hand, shows that this particluar position, white has a slight advantage.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 16:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves

6. Account suspended
    Moves

7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 01:56
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Of all the 960 positions possible in Fischer Random Chess, only one is analyzed in depth. This position, on the other hand, shows that this particluar position, white has a slight advantage.
    This particular position being what? Are you a FEN of Fischer Random?🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree