1. Joined
    17 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 20:59
    Like me for instance, I'm really a 2800 player, but I'm pretending to play at around 1500 strength.๐Ÿ™‚
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 22:54
    Originally posted by hahahaaaa
    Like me for instance, I'm really a 2800 player, but I'm pretending to play at around 1500 strength.๐Ÿ™‚
    There's no money involved in doing such things on this site. You're wasting your time ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Joined
    17 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 23:02
    Originally posted by RahimK
    There's no money involved in doing such things on this site. You're wasting your time ๐Ÿ™‚
    Ok, well don't accuse me of cheating if you see my score rise to 2800. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '06 00:33
    The same can be said for "engine users". ๐Ÿ˜
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '06 00:58
    Doesn't work since the person was a 2000 player to being with.

This situation is almost like, a 2000 Otb player joins Rhp, and within a month he climbs to 2000. Also, because he is reading this thread, he could throw the first few games and stay at 1200 and then climb to 2000 ๐Ÿ™‚

No it's not possible. If the person is really a 1200 player to begin with, ...[text shortened]... et to 2000 in a month. I say in a month maybe he'd get to 1500 if he tries super super hard.
    Yeah, I agree getting to 2000 that fast is unheard of even for the most talented of chess players. I for one started at RHP at about 1350 ELO and now I think I'm about 1600 ELO after a lot of training. But I certainly did not do it that fast and also got books.
  6. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '06 02:34
    The problem is what if the player is cheating from the beginning of his experience with RHP? The only way to tell is by the correspondence of his or her moves to chess engines. A tricky business at best.
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Mar '06 03:27
    Originally posted by buddy2
    The problem is what if the player is cheating from the beginning of his experience with RHP? The only way to tell is by the correspondence of his or her moves to chess engines. A tricky business at best.
    Interesting idea.

But why would someone join a site just to cheat from the get go?

Mostly, you play some games, get fed up and then start cheating.
    I think this is the case for almost everyone who cheats. What you think?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Mar '06 05:111 edit
    Interesting idea.

But why would someone join a site just to cheat from the get go?

Mostly, you play some games, get fed up and then start cheating.
    I think this is the case for almost everyone who cheats. What you think?
    Some of the removed players were pretty obviously cheating from day 1; I played meman a year and a half ago and his engine matchup was extraordinarily high even then. And Ironman .......... what can ya say?
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Mar '06 17:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Some of the removed players were pretty obviously cheating from day 1; I played meman a year and a half ago and his engine matchup was extraordinarily high even then. And Ironman .......... what can ya say?
    Didn't IronMan31start out as Edmond Dantes and was Edmond Dantes losing to 1200 rated players at the start?
  10. Standard memberRavello
    The Rudeยฉ
    who knows?
    Moves
    09 Mar '06 19:17
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Didn't IronMan31start out as Edmond Dantes and was Edmond Dantes losing to 1200 rated players at the start?
    Where in the world did you see that ED started losing to 1200 players????
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 03:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Maybe they start on Rhp with different accounts and then switched?

I just can't see someone seriously cheating right of the bat.

You think you know it all and are a great player, you join any chess club/site, reality hits that you aren't great and then you start cheating.

Seems reasonable to me.
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 03:25
    Originally posted by ronoc
    How likely or unlikely is it to rise to a near 1900 from an 1100 in the space of three weeks, not asking if possible just how likely or unlikely, considering that this said person was being beaten by 1100 and 1200's for a few weeks prior to the rating boom? thanks inadvance.
    get a private forum for this crapadoodle. Thank you.
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 07:371 edit
    I've got a couple of opponents whom I have played several times with success come back for a rematch and suddenly play like a grandmaster๐Ÿ˜ฒ and leave me no chance which all seems a bit peculiar, maybe some folks are super-learners๐Ÿ™„
  14. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 09:50
    No it's not possible. If the person is really a 1200 player to begin with, he won't get to 2000 in a month. I say in a month maybe he'd get to 1500 if he tries super super hard.
    Only if he is a subscriber. Its really hard to imagine how a player can reach 1500 from 1200 in a month if he can only play 6 games at once, even if he plays 1day timeout...
  15. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 19:20
    Originally posted by yashsr
    Only if he is a subscriber. Its really hard to imagine how a player can reach 1500 from 1200 in a month if he can only play 6 games at once, even if he plays 1day timeout...
    300 point in a month for a non sub. It is hard but sort of possible.Find someone who moves fast. Ravello and I had a game which lasted a 3 days I think. It was the quickest game I played on here.

6 games, 3 days a game, you can get 60 game in 1 month about.

get at least 5 point for each game and you got 300 points. But of course, not everyone moves as fast as Ravello and you mostly get more then 5 point each game if you win unless if you keep beating up on very low rated players compared to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree