Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Get a life
    Will do, thanks. LOL 😛
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 01:39
    I actually wrote in my profile that I don't care that much about ratings and that I would play anyone.

My approach is that I will try to select games of players close to me, but that I will accept a game from anyone, so I haven't yet used a filter to prohibit lower-rated players from accepting my offer of a game.

I don't particulary WANT to play lower rated players over higher rated players, but I also would like for players higher rated than me to be willing to play me, and if I expect the folks higher than me to pony up and play, I think I should pass the favor forward and let lower rated players play me.

And who knows? They may be on the way up, and I'm really just a small bump in the road on their way to the top!

Paul Leggett
  3. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 04:152 edits
    there are a few players on uchess who make it up to 1300 + but are quite awful n i suspect they must do this... each to there own i guess.

i don't see anything wrong with playing big ratings gaps. i challenge player who are 200 pts + ahead of me every so often.... is good . n nice if they accept even if it is a massacre! also Qh5, or Qf3 is annoying it's not a patzer move i don't think ... can be a pain to deal with. i hate loosing to it.

also noticed it's easier to ' slip ' when u play someone whos not as good in rating ... think there is a psychology in chess where some people play at the strength needed to win.... not the strongest move... making slips more easy ... i've seen over n over people blunder with a peace up ...
  4. e4
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 13:39
    Agree that 2.Qh5 is not a always a patzer move.

There is no tactical bust and the player must learn how to deal
    with premature attacks etc etc.

All that has really happened is that White has lost the first move
    advantage. there is no real damage.

I think you never did any favours by trashing a game because
    you thought the move was bad.

Best to step back and look at the game after it's finished.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree