Wanna know what you think about my opponent's losing comments?

Wanna know what you think about my opponent's losing comments?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
31 Dec 10

Originally posted by Iere man
Lugnut said whilst resigning:
"Just trading pieces like your bringing your queen down just to trade, to me isn't any kind of chess strategy that I've ever heard of. I must be pretty good. You couldn't get me in check until you took all my pieces off the board. Pretty boring game."
I support your statement. It is more appropriate to explain what chess is all about.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
31 Dec 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
[b
More? The flawed masterpieces of G. Chandler - somebody say yes.[/b]
Yes please

j

Moves
31 Dec 10

Yes.

e4

Moves
31 Dec 10

I'll try to dig out another when I have time.
Just posted a good game I played on here in the Smyslov thread.
I play an ending! and win!!

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
31 Dec 10

Enjoying this.

A league decider from 1983. Everyone else had finished and the crowd
gathered around the board. I love playing to a crowd.

Watch me pull out every trick I know to win this. And also note how I
don't mind getting checked.

If I recall a draw was no good to them, he had perpetual but declined it.

And then he saw his win. Thi ...[text shortened]... 5 48. Qf5+ Kh6 49.Qh5[/pgn]

More? The flawed masterpieces of G. Chandler - somebody say yes.
Very nice!

Im

Moves
31 Dec 10

Awesome, but i gotta close my case now against Lugnut and players who support his mindset. Look at any game played and I mean ANY, you never end up with the same pieces you started with...trading-off is hence an significant aspect of this game and by extension so would be any strategy involved.
So just keep playin don't be bitchin, if ya can't take the heat then get the f*%# up out the kitchen, and finally my games are very excitin thank you very muchin and now it's back to Chess so let's get goin๐Ÿ˜›

MR

Moves
31 Dec 10

Awesome, but i gotta close my case now against Lugnut and players who support his mindset. Look at any game played and I mean ANY, you never end up with the same pieces you started with...trading-off is hence an significant aspect of this game and by extension so would be any strategy involved.
So just keep playin don't be bitchin, if ya can't take the hea ...[text shortened]... games are very excitin thank you very muchin and now it's back to Chess so let's get goin๐Ÿ˜›
Sorry, you opened this can of worms, so now the case will only be closed when all the other posters decide that the case is closed. ๐Ÿ˜›

BTW, happy new year to all! ๐Ÿ™‚

st johnstone

Moves
31 Dec 10

Lugnut said whilst resigning:
"Just trading pieces like your bringing your queen down just to trade, to me isn't any kind of chess strategy that I've ever heard of. I must be pretty good. You couldn't get me in check until you took all my pieces off the board. Pretty boring game."
why is it only a boring game when they lose? grapes and sour spring to mind. you played very well, if you opponent wants better games perhaps he should pay to be a sub get his rating up then can challenge players on page 1. until now he needs a life. happy new year

L

Moves
06 Jan 11

Why don't you check out the game I just played with tongsyabas Game ID 8027725 I thought it was you with another Name. What are the odds of only playing my son for 2 years and then two guy challenging me and playing the same game of checkers. Just trading pieces hoping to have one up in the end game. I still say the fun in chess is attacking the King just as in medieval days. Running around killing off the kings men one at a time is very realistic or making for a very interesting game. Won the game by the way. Our game could have been a stalemate, but I had other challenges that were more interesting.

M

Moves
06 Jan 11

Just wanted to clarify something. You think I'm a sore loser and as you said lot up to my score. Why don't you check out my actual game played under the name I usually use Moosebreath. I created lugnut so that I could play against my son without any challenges. My score as lugnut is low because I am playing a low rated player.

k

Moves
06 Jan 11

This has got to be a bad joke...

G

Lagos

Moves
06 Jan 11

Hi Tere Man,

It's best to totally ignore anything anyone says after they have
lost a game of chess. I've found on here an apology follows a day or
two later without any reply from me.

Also it's perhaps a good idea to keep it out of the main forum,
now this wee episode has been shared it will make it all the harder
for it to blow over. (If it ...[text shortened]... e8 21.Qxe7+ Rxe7 22.Rb8+ Re8 23.Bd6+ {Mate next move. Boy was I a good player then.}[/pgn]
Hi. Why not 20.Rb8+

w

Moves
06 Jan 11

Once upon a time..
I was the worst chess player this side of Uranus (now I'm just the third worst) and I played my first ever blitz game on FICS. I was new to the whole idea of internet chess (a few very ugly losses on RHP aside) and couldn't get into the game at all. I gave away every piece and blundered around every corner. It was an abortion. At the end of the game, my opponent said: "Why do you waste people's time playing chess? You suck". This with a rating of 1240 (I still remember the exact rating to this day... I mean this is after four years on FICS, having played over a thousand games). I have to admit, that despite being a fully grown adult, I was really upset by that comment (I couldn't work out how to reply at the time... new to Babaschess and all that) and it stayed with me for days. I felt really silly and pathetic and wasn't sure if I should quit chess before I'd even started.
Well, a month or so ago, I stumbled upon the same moron (now at 1300 something... wow!) and bitch slapped him in 20 moves. I didn't say a word to him. I just beat him to a pulp and laughed him off the board.
That was a landmark in my chess journey. It made me a very happy man.
People who insult your game over the internet are just bad players.. and they have no manners and that's their problem.
Look at it this way, the only great player that was rude to people was Fischer... and he was barking. (RIP Bobby, by the way).

s

Moves
06 Jan 11

Originally posted by Goshen
Hi. Why not 20.Rb8+
20.Rb8 is abit faster and more forcing way to checkmate but has a major flaw : no queen sacrifice involved!

G

Lagos

Moves
06 Jan 11

Originally posted by shorbock
20.Rb8 is abit faster and more forcing way to checkmate but has a major flaw : no queen sacrifice involved!
Thanks. Therefore Greenpawn should be tried in a chess court for needless prolongation of a chess game.