1. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 00:56
    My opponent offered me a draw in this game, and I accepted. Did I have a chance to win this game? Or did I do the right thing by accepting the draw?

Game 1456244
  2. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 00:58
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    My opponent offered me a draw in this game, and I accepted. Did I have a chance to win this game? Or did I do the right thing by accepting the draw?

Game 1456244
    Nope, absolutely dead drawn. Your opponent would've had to try to give that game away.
  3. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 14:45
    Once the bishop was swapped for the knight, the game looks pretty drawn, you cannot do anything. However, when you still had a bishop you could have won. Instead of 30 Bxf6, you could have just played 30 Rxh7, because the knight is "pinned" against the other rook.
  4. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 16:42
    Originally posted by ark13
    Nope, absolutely dead drawn. Your opponent would've had to try to give that game away.
    Agreed, with the remaining pieces on the board, there's no way for either player to infiltrate a piece or king behind the pawn structure. White's slightly better off but Black would have to play something stupid for there to be a result.
  5. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 16:49
    Originally posted by Wildfire

Game 1456244
    Toasty's right. You missed a winning move there. You pick up a rook, toast a pawn and with that nice file for your rook, it's game over.
  6. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 17:08
    Originally posted by toasty
    Once the bishop was swapped for the knight, the game looks pretty drawn, you cannot do anything. However, when you still had a bishop you could have won. Instead of 30 Bxf6, you could have just played 30 Rxh7, because the knight is "pinned" against the other rook.
    correct he should have won but took it to a drawn position insstead. You could have kept playing though it would have been kings moving back and forth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree