Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 27 Dec '06 17:03 / 6 edits
    This game ended in a draw, if the game continued the black would move. Do you think the draw in this game was good, or was a player that could won the game.

    As i don't know to put the picture here.Here is the link
    http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1121/dsggrr0.jpg

    Anyone that can tell me to put the board here, i'd be pleased.

    Comment the game
  2. 27 Dec '06 17:21
    Black to move: 1)...b4 2)Ne4 Qxd5, and Black has a spatial advantage on the Queenside. Grab the half open c-file, and it doesn't look too drawn after that. Just my opinion though. Nice pieces too.
  3. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    27 Dec '06 17:40 / 2 edits


    It was perhaps a little early to draw this game. Black seems to stand better and agree b4 looks good but Ne2 should probably also be considered. Black wins a pawn but if that exposed queen can be attacked white might just get back into this. Black also has black square weakness around his king that must be addressed
  4. 27 Dec '06 17:40
    i mistaken....it's white to move...not black ..
  5. 29 Dec '06 03:13
    i think black has a slightly advantage...and maybe...the black would won the match!!
  6. 29 Dec '06 04:11
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    [fen]r3r1k1/3bbp1p/p2p2p1/1pqPp3/3n4/2NBB3/PPP2PPP/1R1QR2K[/fen]

    It was perhaps a little early to draw this game. Black seems to stand better and agree b4 looks good but Ne2 should probably also be considered. Black wins a pawn but if that exposed queen can be attacked white might just get back into this. Black also has black square weakness around his king that must be addressed
    People draw games with that much play left in them? Might as well not start a game off if you are going to draw them in intresting positions
  7. 29 Dec '06 04:14
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    People draw games with that much play left in them? Might as well not start a game off if you are going to draw them in intresting positions
    What's the point in playing if you draw in positions like those - what kind of decisive games do they have!?
  8. 29 Dec '06 04:23
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    [fen]r3r1k1/3bbp1p/p2p2p1/1pqPp3/3n4/2NBB3/PPP2PPP/1R1QR2K[/fen]

    It was perhaps a little early to draw this game. Black seems to stand better and agree b4 looks good but Ne2 should probably also be considered. Black wins a pawn but if that exposed queen can be attacked white might just get back into this. Black also has black square weakness around his king that must be addressed
    geez that game just started, no draw there.
  9. 29 Dec '06 04:23
    i agree with you...there was a lot of moves to be done, and probably black might win...but they did prefer to draw the match !!!
  10. 29 Dec '06 04:25
    Originally posted by kingkong75
    i agree with you...there was a lot of moves to be done, and probably black might win...but they did prefer to draw the match !!!
    If I were white I'd be happy to accept that draw, but I don't get why black would offer it.
  11. Standard member Dies Irae
    I Love U
    29 Dec '06 04:30
    Originally posted by trevor33
    geez that game just started, no draw there.


    Should I take draw here/??
  12. 29 Dec '06 04:32
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    [fen]rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1[/fen]

    Should I take draw here/??
    Whose move?
  13. 29 Dec '06 05:08
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    [fen]rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1[/fen]

    Should I take draw here/??
    against me, yes