1. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 21:00
    Playing tournaments (online or in person) with a full night's sleep is always better This is why evenings at the chess club never really worked for me. We have 2 chess clubs in my area, and all of them have their weekly meetings / games on weeknights starting at 7-8
    PM, which means getting back home around midnight, only to face the alarm clock at 6:00 am the next morning for work. Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 21:26
    @mchill said
    Playing tournaments (online or in person) with a full night's sleep is always better This is why evenings at the chess club never really worked for me. We have 2 chess clubs in my area, and all of them have their weekly meetings / games on weeknights starting at 7-8
    PM, which means getting back home around midnight, only to face the alarm clock at 6:00 am the next morning for work. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Not since the trumpavirus pandemic.
  3. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 07:511 edit
    @mchill said
    I can sympathise with that (when I used to play OTB). Rapidplay on a Sunday - all day + drinks. Then a madras into a fan at work Monday morning😒 Or you say a club match in the South Manchester league during the week - Are your clubs (OTB) meeting?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree