27 Nov '10 13:08
    Incredible, Zygalski!
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 02:14
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    Here's Yelena's final gift to chess.com.
    Her last win, which didn't form part of the analysis sent to staff.
    The output log for analysis gives move played, then top 4 engine choices under analysis parameters given above the pgn in the order move/score/depth at which score attained. The played move is shown in [b]bold

http://www.chess.com/echess/g ...[text shortened]... ( 97.5% )
    { Top 3 Match: 40/40 ( 100.0% )
    { Top 4 Match: 40/40 ( 100.0% )[/b]
    Wow! And if I may "pile on", I have often noticed that, even though a game has left "book", I can sometimes find games in my database that continue on with moves that are "not boo", but still theoretically interesting and very often sound.

I thought it was curious for a game to be out of book at move 10, so I decided to do a more exhaustive search to see if there are any games at all that feature 10. ... Nf4, to see if maybe the game followed something previously played (doubtful, but integrity and thoroughness go hand in hand).

There were ZERO. My admittedly amateur conclusion is that for a game to feature a move and a sequence that has NEVER been played before in a multimillion game combination of commercial and public databases, and yet matches a computer's analysis almost completely, is pretty damning.

If she is suing, I think she should drop her suit and just move on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree