what a game ! Pls, pls, pls comment :)

what a game ! Pls, pls, pls comment :)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
16 Apr 08
2 edits

I'll run this game through Chessmaster if it makes you feel any better

Analysis: One second per move

1. e4 a6 (St. George defense)
2. d4 Nf6 (black: B5 would've been in the St. George Defense)
3. e5 Nd5
4. c4 Nb6
5. f4 d6
6. Nf3 dxe5
7. fxe5 Be6
8. Qc2 N8d7
9. Be3 Bg4
10. Nbd2 e6
11. Be2 Bb4
12. O-O f5
13. a3 Be7
14. a4 O-O
15. a5 Nc8
16. d5 exd5 (White: Slightly better is Bf4)
17. cxd5 Bxf3? (Black: Much better is Nxe5)
18. Nxf3 f4
19. Bd4 Bg5 (Black: Slightly better is Kh8)
20. e6 Nb8
21. Rae1? Na7? (White: Much better is Nxg5. Black: Much better is Bf6)
22. Bd3 Qxd5??? (Black: Chessmaster said Yikes! lol. Much, much better is Bf6)
23. e7 Re8? (Black: Better is Bxe7)
24. Bc4 Qxc4 (Mate in 4)
25. Qxc4+ Kh8
26. Nxg5? Nac6 (White doesn't see the win. Much better is Qf7, leading to 26...Rg8 27.Qxg8+ Kxg8 28.e8=Q# and checkmate.) (Black steps into the forced mate, Much better is h5)
27. Nf7+ Kg8
28. Nh6+ Kh8
29. Qg8+ Rxg8
30. Nf7# 1-0

Basically white did good in taking advantage of Black's poor play.
Btw I edited some of CM's annotation myself to make it a lot shorter

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
17 Apr 08

Originally posted by Moruzgva
Is it forbbiden to post games? I was not happy with game but with "smothered mate" in four moves. It was a blitz game and I was happy that I found that. I just wanted to share it with what is supposed to be "friendly chess community " by description from home page. I know that that game was nothing sensational.
Just don't know why the sarcasam and undfrien ...[text shortened]... ttacked by ponderable and others in really unnecessary way.

Leaving the site.

Bye
When you said "What a game!" it sounded like you thought it was sensational.

If I comment on a game, it is not to tear either player down. I try - in my limited way - to find the truth of the position. Chess is a game of errors, and there is no point in taking offense because someone points out that you made some errors on the way to victory. Very few of us play flawless games.

Some of the comments about your play were favorable - why ignore those just because of a few haters?

A

Sub 1500

Moves
17 Apr 08

Originally posted by wormwood
would you have liked it better had we lied?

an aspiring player has no use for hurt pride. it's a painfull lesson to learn, but absolutely necessary.
my pride is still hurt... still licking my wounds... but i'm not really an aspiring player.. i'm more like a perspiring player...

M

Moves
17 Apr 08

You speak wise and I agree. However constructive critics are always welcome but in some of the post I sensed some trolling and I hate it.

I knew that this game is far from sensational I just hadn't smothered mate before.

B

Moves
17 Apr 08

You speak wise and I agree. However constructive critics are always welcome but in some of the post I sensed some trolling and I hate it.

I knew that this game is far from sensational I just hadn't smothered mate before.
Excuse me, not to put too fine a point on it... weren't you leaving such a horrible community, or did I misread your last post? 😕

B

Moves
17 Apr 08

Is it forbbiden to post games? I was not happy with game but with "smothered mate" in four moves. It was a blitz game and I was happy that I found that. I just wanted to share it with what is supposed to be "friendly chess community " by description from home page. I know that that game was nothing sensational.
Just don't know why the sarcasam and undfrien ...[text shortened]... ttacked by ponderable and others in really unnecessary way.

Leaving the site.

Bye
I did not find Ponderable arrogant myself. Congratulations on the smothered mate then if it makes you happy.
I have also found this site very friendly.
I personally am just intolerant of attention-seeking (you prove you are this by saying you will leave and returning the next day).
Sorry for my honesty, sir.

B

Moves
17 Apr 08

Originally posted by Adorea
my pride is still hurt... still licking my wounds... but i'm not really an aspiring player.. i'm more like a perspiring player...
Your pride is hurt from what? 🙂

M

Moves
18 Apr 08
1 edit

You misreaded it. It was said in anger, however I love this community, there are unpleasnt people on every site anyway. So in general this is beautiful site and I think I am gona subscribe and stay so you can put me on your buddy list. 😛 . Wanna play a game, so I can even have the pleasure to play such an gentleman as you? If it will be noteworthy to see (I doubt that), we can analyze it together after the game so I can "learn" how to analize ?

B

Moves
18 Apr 08

You misreaded it. It was said in anger, however I love this community, there are unpleasnt people on every site anyway. So in general this is beautiful site and I think I am gona subscribe and stay so you can put me on your buddy list. 😛 . Wanna play a game, so I can even have the pleasure to play such an gentleman as you? If it will be noteworthy to see (I doubt that), we can analyze it together after the game so I can "learn" how to analize ?
The sarcasm is intoxicating. I am actually very polite to people I perceive to be kind... but if you want to analyze the game fine. Seriously, analyzing games for better moves is important, I have not yet found the strength of mind to just sit down and do it.
Welcome to my buddy list.
If you want the game to be noteworthy, fine, I'm on a roll, I just drew with an extremely strong player OTB. I'm ready. ðŸ˜