1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 19:38
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Why did you resign?..
    Its only a game! 😉

basically I was just seeing where this gambit would take me; the fun had gone and I only had a few seconds left. Not resignable in a "proper" game.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 19:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hi Wolfie I have a book on it I ordered from America, written by John Lutes, you gave the best continuation 4.d3! ed 5.Nc3 Qe5 6.Be3 cd 7.Qd5! Qf6 and now Bd3 gives advantage for white according
    Thanks Robbie.
    In my game I couldn't resist harassing his queen but I see 8. Bd3 is much better and if he doesn't play 8. ... e3 I have 9. Bd4 next!!

btw: What a great looking board after black's ninth move! 😀

I will practice this at blitz and may then start playing it seriously instead of my usual 1. Nf3 d5 2. c4 dxc 3. Na3
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 09:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Thanks Robbie.
    In my game I couldn't resist harassing his queen but I see 8. Bd3 is much better and if he doesn't play 8. ... e3 I have 9. Bd4 next!!

btw: What a great looking board after black's ninth move! 😀

I will practice this at blitz and may then start playing it seriously instead of my usual 1. Nf3 d5 2. c4 dxc 3. Na3
    If you like to fianchetto your kingsbishop and play the Reti or the English or KIA then this is a good little weapon for those days when you are feeling adventurous. I am a great believer in mood and although ultimately it comes down to the chess men, we should harmonise our play with our emotions.
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 17:52
    Its only a game! 😉

basically I was just seeing where this gambit would take me; the fun had gone and I only had a few seconds left. Not resignable in a "proper" game.
    I always play with a 2 second increment (at least). Playing blitz is all well and good, but if you never get to play an ending out how are you ever going to get any better?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 06:10
    ... how are you ever going to get any better?
    never ...... 😞
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 00:48
    I always play with a 2 second increment (at least). Playing blitz is all well and good, but if you never get to play an ending out how are you ever going to get any better?
    My preferred blitz setting is 2min +8sec then I never lose
    on time. But when nobody wants to play I end up accepting
    5min games and not watching the clock!

Playing in a 30min Rapid tournament tomorrow - 6 rounds
    Should get at least one Tennison out of that!
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 01:32
    My preferred blitz setting is 2min +8sec then I never lose
    on time. But when nobody wants to play I end up accepting
    5min games and not watching the clock!

Playing in a 30min Rapid tournament tomorrow - 6 rounds
    Should get at least one Tennison out of that!
    Good luck! I intend to get back to playing some otb games, haven't gotten around to it for a while now.

I hear what you are saying about waiting for people to accept your games. I find 5min/3sec is a decent time control where you get to play a reasonable game without waiting endlessly for your opponent to move. Tbh i'll play pretty much anything as long as it has a 2sec+ increment. If i play blitz without i lose on time, religiously! Too many years play CC. As soon as the position gets interesting i want to explore all the possibilities.. 🙂
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 01:37
    Good luck! I intend to get back to playing some otb games, haven't gotten around to it for a while now.

I hear what you are saying about waiting for people to accept your games. I find 5min/3sec is a decent time control where you get to play a reasonable game without waiting endlessly for your opponent to move. Tbh i'll play pretty much anything as lo ...[text shortened]... s play CC. As soon as the position gets interesting i want to explore all the possibilities.. 🙂
    I play on chess.com with the same handle if you ever want an easy game!
    2 8
    😀
  9. Joined
    17 Dec '13
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 02:09
    what about the bishop to f6 threating the knight and pushing the h pawn with a protector the bishop.

Seems like a pretty solid plan with the passed pawn.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 20:41
    Originally posted by 1shooter
    what about the bishop to f6 threating the knight and pushing the h pawn with a protector the bishop.

Seems like a pretty solid plan with the passed pawn.
    You mean

Looks better for black

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree