1. WORK
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 18:46
    Where did she go?
    I found it funny she came into forums complained about the site and never played a game.
  2. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 18:55
    Dunno. Don't even know what happened to her thread, complaining about people using databases, books, etc. I tried to encourage her to play a game and have fun, but according to her stats, she still hasn't taken up the gauntlet. Any ideas. Maybe send her a nice cheerful posy of flours? I think we can be intimidating at times in the forums, etc.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:05
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Dunno. Don't even know what happened to her thread, complaining about people using databases, books, etc. I tried to encourage her to play a game and have fun, but according to her stats, she still hasn't taken up the gauntlet. Any ideas. Maybe send her a nice cheerful posy of flours? I think we can be intimidating at times in the forums, etc.
    I bumped her thread a couple days ago. I thought she raised some questions that merit serious discussion, although, as I made clear there, database use should be embraced.

As near as I can tell from reading that thread, she grew weary of the abusive replies to her stubborn questions. She mentioned in that thread that she was finished here, and she never returned.
  4. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 01:08
    Yea, the abusive replies probably got to her. A few people at RHP should tone down their arguments. Not everyone is as thick-skinned as they. I was just trying to get her to play a few games, to try RHP out. She might have liked it!
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 01:45
    Yea, the abusive replies probably got to her. A few people at RHP should tone down their arguments. Not everyone is as thick-skinned as they. I was just trying to get her to play a few games, to try RHP out. She might have liked it!
    If you are going to join a site and immediately call a large portion of the member's cheats for playing within the rules then you may get some interesting replies.
  6. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 15:43
    As a Newbie, I just don't think she understood the rules of correspondence chess. She thought it was like otb chess, except through the internet. A mild explanation is better than piling on the unfortunate lass! I do agree, however, it gets tiresome explaining over and over the parameters of correspondence.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 23:00
    As a Newbie, I just don't think she understood the rules of correspondence chess. She thought it was like otb chess, except through the internet. A mild explanation is better than piling on the unfortunate lass! I do agree, however, it gets tiresome explaining over and over the parameters of correspondence.
    If you read the thread it started of civil enough but then once the difference had been explained and she said it didn't matter and people were still not playing in the spirit of the chess things deteriorated.
  8. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 03:07
    I'd like to re-read the thread...but now it's gone!
  9. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 09:572 edits
    I'd like to re-read the thread...but now it's gone!
    It hasn't:

Thread 18298

EDIT: kept getting the link wrong. 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree