1. Seattle
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 06:54
    Sound opening...check
    Sound transition to middle game...check
    Surprising material advantage without (seemingly) positional dis-advantage....
    F' around for a bunch of moves till I get crushed by a clearly better player......
    ........😳.......check :'(

so I know my final mistake and I think gxf3(where ever the heck it was played) might have been a bad idea...but short of that what should I have done?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 07:071 edit
    Originally posted by c guy1
    Sound opening...check
    F' around for a bunch of moves till I get crushed by a clearly better player......

[pgn][Event "Clan league"]
    [Site "http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com"]
    [Date "2009.02.02"]
    [EndDate ht have been a bad idea...but short of that what should I have done?
    What should you have done? Not played gxf3. That move was wrong on so many levels. It weakened your King position and made his Nf5 into a beast [cannot be kicked away with g4].

You won the exchange, but your two Rooks lay dormant for the whole game. You needed to get them into the fray somehow [trade pawns on Q-side to open files there, for example].
  3. Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 07:20
    My first thought would be to push forward the queenside pawn majority!
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 09:51
    Originally posted by c guy1
    Sound opening...check

[pgn][Event "Clan league"]
    [Site "http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com"]
    [Date "2009.02.02"]
    [EndDate ...[text shortened]... ht have been a bad idea...but short of that what should I have done?
    You lost this game?!? Your whole life is meaningless now! I'd take a shotgun baby...AND DISCONNECT MY BRAIN!!😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree