1. Joined
    21 Dec '12
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 15:38
    Does anyone out there belong to Uchess? I LOVE that site and every game over two moves is rated, no matter what the time limits. The Web site the last week or so has said suspended. I hope they didn't go out of business, over 2,000 players world wide and free too.
  2. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 21:22
    Originally posted by karaokefx
    Does anyone out there belong to Uchess? I LOVE that site and every game over two moves is rated, no matter what the time limits. The Web site the last week or so has said suspended. I hope they didn't go out of business, over 2,000 players world wide and free too.
    Try it now.
  3. Joined
    21 Dec '12
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 00:47
    Thanks Ketchup lover for trying. I just tried it again twice and both times, it still says suspended until further notice.

Have you been able to get on there the last week or so?

PS-My wife got me a t=shirt, bright red, that says "Everything goes better with ketchup" 😀🙂🙂😀
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 01:08
    Thanks Ketchup lover for trying. I just tried it again twice and both times, it still says suspended until further notice.

Have you been able to get on there the last week or so?

PS-My wife got me a t=shirt, bright red, that says "Everything goes better with ketchup" 😀🙂🙂😀
    Mustard is the king of condiments.

You can play blitz here. Same interface as uchess. Same owners. It is unrated here though.
  5. Joined
    21 Dec '12
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 01:31
    Appreciate the info, but quick chess (blitz) doesn't apply to ratings, so no fun, except for practice.

This site seems to have higher ratings, as I had never beaten a l600 or l700 rated player until I played blitz here, so suspect that the rating on this site might be inflated (Of course, that might be the reason people wait l to 3 days here to respond to moves or check with internet or friend help)
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 06:49
    There are much better free, live sites. Don't cry for uChess.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 13:31
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There are much better free, live sites. Don't cry for uChess.
    chess.com comes to mind....
  8. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 13:43
    Why do they all look the same just a different color ? RHP chess.com etc
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 20:04
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    You can play blitz here. Same interface as uchess. Same owners. It is unrated here though.
    How? I've tried to find a way to play bitz here, and haven't been able to.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 20:091 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    How? I've tried to find a way to play bitz here, and haven't been able to.
    to the right of the siege icon.
    A tab that says blitz

or
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/blitz/blitzchess.php
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 20:37
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    to the right of the siege icon.
    A tab that says [b]blitz

or
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/blitz/blitzchess.php[/b]
    Okay. Thanks so much.
  12. Joined
    21 Dec '12
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 03:49
    Appreciate the offer of chess.com, but games are even slower there, one move per day, etc.
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:24
    Appreciate the offer of chess.com, but games are even slower there, one move per day, etc.
    They have live blitz too.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 11:533 edits
    When you go there, look for the 'play live' button, it goes to the blitz site.

It sets up a game going on in real time, usually with a couple of 2200 players and then there is a 'start game' button that puts you in que and they pit you against a window of +/- 200 points of your own rating and the games start up pretty fast, a few seconds at most usually. You can set up the time you want to play, I usually use 3 minute games. I usually clock in around 1500 points there.
  15. Joined
    21 Dec '12
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 14:53
    Okay, thanks, where is slatington? I have a friend in Lower Burrell and one in Edinboro.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree