1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 23:40
    How do you know what type of player you are and how much experience must you have to determine that?
  2. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 23:521 edit
    HELLO CLAUDIA 😉

It's never too late to learn chess. Welcome (I don't mean to the site, I mean to the world of chess).

I haven't answered your question, but never mind.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 01:06
    Why do you need to know what type of player you are? Just play whatever you feel like at a given moment and see how it goes.
  4. Joined
    08 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 05:32
    Hellooooooooooo Claudia, first of all, give us a clue as to what openings/defences you play i.e. the moves you begin the game with, then us lot can tell what type of player you are.
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 13:28
    Originally posted by CLAUDIA CAMPBELL
    How do you know what type of player you are and how much experience must you have to determine that?
    What exactly do you mean? What level of strength (class) are you? ... just wait until you have a rating. If you mean what syle of player, just look at your games.
  6. girls imaginations
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 21:16
    Originally posted by Oddjob291
    Hellooooooooooo Claudia, first of all, give us a clue as to what openings/defences you play i.e. the moves you begin the game with, then us lot can tell what type of player you are.
    do you really think someone new to the game will know what type of openings they are currently using?
  7. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 21:19
    Where did she go? 😲
  8. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 21:33
    Originally posted by CLAUDIA CAMPBELL
    Even though my rating is rather low on here, I do know the answer to your question. In Lev Alburt's Comprehensive Chess Course Volume II, he gives a way of measuring your play by studying your games against many different opponents. You judge say your positional player, tactical player and all those facets with a score from 1 to 10. Everyone starts out at 5 (from beginner to grandmaster) and then you start seeing your scores in several different areas. Even in the opening. But, it's a lot of work, and you need to study over 100 of your games to get an accurate reading. But, it works. For instance, once guy discovered he tried too hard to save his bishops for knights and he hated trading his clerics for horsies, etc... You can find out a lot of things about your play just by analyzing your games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree