Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 05 Apr '06 07:52
    I was wondering if someone would take a look at this game and point out where it all went wrong please?

    Game 847610
  2. 05 Apr '06 08:17
    Originally posted by TheGambit
    I was wondering if someone would take a look at this game and point out where it all went wrong please?

    Game 847610
    Wasn't that from the very start, in the second move, when you scrificed your lady and didn't get anythin out of it?
  3. Standard member Actius
    Bad Looser
    05 Apr '06 08:45
    Never play drunk!
  4. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    05 Apr '06 09:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Wasn't that from the very start, in the second move, when you scrificed your lady and didn't get anythin out of it?
    For a 1700 player with 388 games under the belt
    as pointed out queen move on move two
    moving pieces more than required
    not protecting pieces etc
    basically you treated it as a walk in the park only to find out that even 1200 rated players know how to take free queens etc
  5. 05 Apr '06 12:49
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    For a 1700 player with 388 games under the belt
    as pointed out queen move on move two
    moving pieces more than required
    not protecting pieces etc
    basically you treated it as a walk in the park only to find out that even 1200 rated players know how to take free queens etc
    Hehe, I always respect 1200 players, it's the sub 1100 one's that I treat with disdain.

    I had forgotten all about this game, it was against someone at work back in 2004 (when I was around 1200ish), one of my first games on here, and then he dredged it up the other day. I found it quite funny, that second move is probably, if not definitely, the worst move I have ever played, had to laugh though.

    I just thought I'd share the moment with you people. Anyone else managed anything as glorious as that move?
  6. 05 Apr '06 12:56
    yeah I just realized there have been 1 million games started on rhp since then (based on gameid). wow!
  7. Standard member TanCoul
    Dead Like Georgia
    05 Apr '06 21:37
    Reminds me of my most embarrassing loss here Game 1026495
    - the queen recapture can wait a move while I destroy his pawn formation... what do you mean my rook isn't defended??? Ahhh...
  8. 05 Apr '06 21:42
    Ooooh ooooh ouuchy, it made me feel a bit better though, this could be like group therapy, especially if they see someone of your ranking making mistakes like that

    I bet laserblue was loving that one, you get my sympathies, not that that's any real consolation!