What's up with deleting Set-Piece Games???

What's up with deleting Set-Piece Games???

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SA

Moves
28 Jul 06

Everytime I open an invite for a set-piece game, it is almost immediately accepted and then deleted.

This has happened 10+ times at least, more than coincidence alone could possibly account for.

When playing chess with my friends IRL, I love to try alternate starting positions and just generally shake things up. I play alternate chess-type games as well, such as gothic chess...

I can understand why a person would not want to play a non-standard, UNRATED game, but why on Earth would they Accept and Delete the open invite game???

What are they trying to prove besides just being rude?

Or is this some rule of chess etiquette that I am breaking? (And if so, why does the site allow us to make set-piece games at all???)

Just a little ticked-off, hoping for some answers. Thanks.

a

Moves
28 Jul 06

Originally posted by Special Agent
Everytime I open an invite for a set-piece game, it is almost immediately accepted and then deleted.

This has happened 10+ times at least, more than coincidence alone could possibly account for.

When playing chess with my friends IRL, I love to try alternate starting positions and just generally shake things up. I play alternate chess-type games ...[text shortened]... o make set-piece games at all???)

most people don't realize its set pieces until they accept the game,
did you try adding a note?

SA

Moves
28 Jul 06

Yeah, I tried that.

Of course, on the Open Invite screen, set pieces games are noted with an icon/symbol anyway...

but yeah, I started marking them in the comments field anyway, thinking people just didn't see it.

This has happpened over 10 times, I can't believe all ten people are that blind... This smacks of a purposeful group-action, not a series of accidents.

e

Moves
28 Jul 06

I think there should be a no escape setting like on ICC. I agree, this is annoying.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
28 Jul 06

I have accepted your game, don't worry, I am not going to delete. 🙂

SA

Moves
28 Jul 06

Thanks, Lausey!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
28 Jul 06

When playing chess with my friends IRL, I love to try alternate starting positions and just generally shake things up. I play alternate chess-type games ...[text shortened]... o make set-piece games at all???)

I had this problem when I was doing some endgame work a few months ago. I kept track of who deleted, and accepted and deleted their seeks--tit for tat, do unto others as they have done, revenge is sweet, ...

I also sent them nasty PMs, which netted a couple of apologies.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
28 Jul 06
1 edit

Thanks, Lausey!
Good game. 😉

Game 2315750

EDIT: Actually, discovered the mate by accident, sorry!

SA

Moves
29 Jul 06

Hahahahaha. Yeah, I discovered the checkmate rather by surprise as well! LOL.

It was good, frivolous fun either way. I think the secret with that many pieces might be just to attack directly... You can get across the board more quickly.