1. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 20:22
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    My worst blunder was trying to pass off a google image as myself. This brought the RHP microscope to me and the results were not good. I created other personas to defend myself, but just dug myself deeper into a hole... Oh wait that wasn't me 😛
    Mine was telling people I was a doctor going to Africa to heal the sick then popping up on here!
  2. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 20:49
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Mine was telling people I was a doctor going to Africa to heal the sick then popping up on here!
    Ah..... Hind we've been expecting you, hang on? Prawns your not wearing your cap. why if I didn't know you I'd say your talking cohonas.........you do look well! in that koalaslos.. which fountain of youth are you drinking from?.... does it rest in Norway?... I cant see over this hill but if its the one sniper had a sip of you'll be a Tal sometime soon.
  3. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 20:13
    I'm curious to know how many of his personalities thumbed me down. Not that I care, I couldn't resist the joke. KP is a valuable contributor to the forum via chess or entertainment in regards to finding out who he really is. I have already received some blowback messeges. If you can't take a joke, stay off the forums people.
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 21:211 edit
    I'm curious to know how many of his personalities thumbed me down. Not that I care, I couldn't resist the joke. KP is a valuable contributor to the forum via chess or entertainment in regards to finding out who he really is. I have already received some blowback messeges. If you can't take a joke, stay off the forums people.
    I was one of the people who thumbed it down. Nothing personal. I just thought it was a distraction to the thread, and something that has already been covered ad nauseum. Feel free to disregard it, as it's just my opinion, and it's value is always subject to question.

Any time we attempt humor, some people will think it's funny, and some won't. I think it's probably best to simply accept that, and not worry about it.

I appreciate your sentiment of "If you can't take a joke, stay off the forums people", but we can easily replace the word "joke" with "thumbs down", and the thought is still relevant.

Just my opinion, but I think you should consider a post with multiple thumbs up and down as something people bothered to read, and felt moved to react to. Apathy is the only true enemy here.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 22:591 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am black and after my last move i resigned immediately!
    [pgn][Event "Clan challenge"] [Site "http://www.timeforchess.com"] [Date "2012.01.10"] [EndDate "2012.02.25"] [Round "?"] [White "KevinH"] [Black "robbie carrobie"] [WhiteRating "1646"] [BlackRating "1646"] [WhiteElo "1646"] [BlackElo "1646"] [Result "1-0"] [GameId "8981260"] 1. e4 c5 2. Bf1 ...[text shortened]... d7 31. Rf1e1 Qd7e7 32. Kc1c2 Rb8d8 33. a3 Rd8b8 34. a4 Qe7d7 1-0[/pgn]
    Ouch. White to move. I can see why you resigned.

6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 23:03
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Rab8 was a classic, early Sunday morning hangover move. I have a couple other massive blunders but I catch them the moment after I have hit the submit button. I think it is something about the refresh of the page forces me to "see" the position fresh.
    This happens sometimes when I am doing tactics problems - looking away from the board for a couple seconds ...[text shortened]... . Ng1f3 Bc8g4 9. Bb5xc6 bxc6 10. Qd1e2 Ra8b8 11. Ne4xf6 1-0[/pgn]
    Yeah your Rb8 move was a gift to white. I am sure he enjoyed the mate.

7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 23:051 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I was one of the people who thumbed it down. Nothing personal. I just thought it was a distraction to the thread, and something that has already been covered ad nauseum. Feel free to disregard it, as it's just my opinion, and it's value is always subject to question.

Any time we attempt humor, some people will think it's funny, and some won e bothered to read, and felt moved to react to. Apathy is the only true enemy here.
    Good comment about the apathy. At least a post with thumbs up/down is getting attention.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 23:102 edits
    I am white and resigned. My last move is the blunder but arguably I had been leading to it. It was about greed. A game I also posted in another thread.

9. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 23:52

Any time we attempt humor, some people will think it's funny, and some won ...[text shortened]... e bothered to read, and felt moved to react to. Apathy is the only true enemy here.
    I think you misunderstand me. I am not upset in any way that the post was thumbed down. I respect everyone's right to opinion. I just wondered how many KP personas thumbed it down. It was merely another attempt at poor humor.
    You are right, the post did go off topic. No worries.

Cheers.
  10. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 00:00
    I'm sure I have posted this game a few times before, but it suits this thread so well. It was played years ago, back when I was rated around 1300.

Oh, how I miss the days of being a lowly 1300 rated player. When "lost" games always had a chance for a come back. Dropping a piece and still having winning chances. No calculation, no evaluation, no analyze board or opening databases, just pushing wood and hoping for the best. Ah the good ol days.
  11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 10:50
    I think you misunderstand me. I am not upset in any way that the post was thumbed down. I respect everyone's right to opinion. I just wondered how many KP personas thumbed it down. It was merely another attempt at poor humor.
    You are right, the post did go off topic. No worries.

Cheers.
    I understand better now, and it's all good!

In keeping with the thread here's one of my recent hiccups. I lost a pair of moves going from my analysis to the actual game, and I did not even realize I had hung my queen until it was my move again.

12. In attack
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 11:02
    Not one but several blunders in this one. VelvetEars and I are patiently waiting for a game between us that is worthy of the forum once more, this time I prevented that by a series of poorly thought out moves. No need to annotate, you'll see where they are 🙂

13. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 13:57

Any time we attempt humor, some people will think it's funny, and some won't. I think it's probably best to simply accept that, and not worry about it.

I normally agree with Paul, but on this subject I gave the post a thumbs up.

The absence of working mechanisms result in the forums as being the only option left for protest.
  14. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 15:37
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    I normally agree with Paul, but on this subject I gave the post a thumbs up.

The absence of working mechanisms result in the forums as being the only option left for protest.
    Fair enough!
  15. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    27 Mar '12 18:52
    I thought I was doing pretty well in this game as white, until move 14.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree