1. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 20:11
    Yeah, but it is always nice to have a high rating. Plus I see it as a cushion for those inevitable losses that one incurrs - at least by inflating a rating slightly it is possible to drop back down to a normal level afterwards.
  2. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 19:32
    DAMN IT!!!! Judasses, I have got a 'player banned please wait' messages where there should be a timeout option in my game against English Tal. I will be majorly cross if I get no points for that, because I had at least a draw and quite possibly a win.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 10:28
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Your rating is supposed to reflect your chess playing ability, If it doesn't then there is not much point to it. Can't spend those rating points, can't eat them. There is no point having your rating falsely inflated. Or falsely deflated, as happens when players resign games en masse to "free up" their game load. Rather not play the games in the first place.
    Well, admittedly a shift of 400 - 600 points is a problem, but a shift of 60 or so gets absorbed by noise quite quickly - you don´t get as much when you win and lose more when you don´t. I think the ratings system´s robust against this kind of thing.
  4. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 18:54
    DAMN IT!!! I got nothing for that game. I dont care about this stupid championship - it is probably going to be won by engines anyway, I want my points.

And now it is saying that the games against fischerov are going to be auto resigned as well, this deal is getting worse all the time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree