1. Joined
    19 Jan '22
    Moves
    16 Feb '22 13:36
    I have just joined my first tournament and was trying to find out when they start.

Is it on a specific day or when a certain number of players have joined?

e.g. if it is min 5 players, max 25 players, and 16 players have joined, when will it start?

Sorry for the simple question, I couldn't find the answer so thought I would ask in the forum.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Feb '22 15:081 edit
    @sean853 said
    I have just joined my first tournament and was trying to find out when they start.

e.g. if it is min 5 players, max 25 players, and 16 players have joined, when will it start?

Sorry for the simple question, I couldn't find the answer so thought I would ask in the forum.
    Normally a tournament start some time (minutes to hours) after they are completely filled. Sometimes (seldom) they are started despite not being fully filled.

you can link to tournaments thus:

[tid] 41774 [/tid] removing the blanks yields: Tournament 41774
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '22
    Moves
    16 Feb '22 15:38
    @Ponderable
    Thank you for the reply and explanation.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Feb '22 04:10
    @sean853 said
    @Ponderable
    Thank you for the reply and explanation.
    If the site-wide tournaments don't offer enough tournaments for your current rating level, I would like to suggest having a look at the clubs, many of which offer their own club tournaments, and sometimes quite frequently.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 Feb '22 09:421 edit
    @sean853 said

A good idea if you find that tournaments are to your liking is to apply to join a club.
    Two clubs that run a lot of tournaments that fill up quickly are popeye Club 229 and dark dragonClub 383
    A slight disadvantage is you tend to get the same players entering but that is probably the case with the site ones as well.
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Feb '22 14:15
    @venda said
    A good idea if you find that tournaments are to your liking is to apply to join a club.
    Two clubs that run a lot of tournaments that fill up quickly are popeye Club 229 and dark dragonClub 383
    A slight disadvantage is you tend to get the same players entering but that is probably the case with the site ones as well.
    The 600-1500 club Club 115 has frequently rated tournaments in your rating area.
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '22
    Moves
    17 Feb '22 16:46
    @venda @ponderable Thanks for the suggestion about the clubs. I will check them out.
  8. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    08 Apr '22 20:37
    Generally on move 1 :p

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree