1. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 03:34
    Game 3289298 Could I have prevented this loss? I think my move on 27 was weaker than I anticipated.
  2. Joined
    03 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 04:32
    In move 13, blacks e5 pawn was threatening to take you knight. I'm curious why you didn't either move your knight to safety or capture pxp ?

Couple moves later you lose a bishop for a pawn in a bad exchange.

In move 16 you're already down a bishop and are about to lose a knight by black's pawn on f5 and you don't move it. It's captured by move 17, so at this point you're down by a bishop and a knight and black looks like he has a better position than you. For me this would be a major uphill battle and I probably would have resigned at this point.
  3. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 05:30
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Game 3289298 Could I have prevented this loss? I think my move on 27 was weaker than I anticipated.
    Don't leave your pieces en prise...
  4. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 05:48
    Some general principles apart from the pieces you dropped for no purpose.
    In the opening you didn't contest the centre. For example, you spend two moves fianchettoing your bishop and then move it again to a very poor post 5. Bd4. Rather focus on development and centre control 5. Nc3 and then 6. e4.
    Play with a plan.
  5. U.S.A.
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 18:062 edits
    Hi cheshirecatstevens. 🙂
    Were you asking for constructive criticism? If so read on. If not please don't read my post.

Here are some of the mistakes I've seen in this game. Hope this helps.

-- Paul

==============================================
    1. on move 13 you should have exchange your f4 pawn with his e5 pawn. And if your opponent does f6 pawn takes e5 double attacking your queen(with his rook) and your knight(with his pawn) then you could take his f8 rook with your queen. His queen takes your queen. You then take his queen with your rook and his king takes your rook then you move your knight to safety. Even moving the knight to e2 would have been better than pawn f5 though his next move he could fork your queen and bishop with his pawn but then you would exchange his two pawns for your knight and it would only be a 1 point lead.

2. on move 16 it would have been better if you had traded your d4 knight with his f5 knight and if his bishop takes your knight then you take it with your rook. instead of moving your queen to g4.

3. on move 18 your c3 knight was in danger of being taken by his d4 pawn but you moved your queen to d6 instead.
    ==============================================

p.s. one of the fastest ways to improve in chess (i think) is to learn from your mistakes. Good luck! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree