1. Joined
    28 Oct '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:19
    I like being here, playing games, and being on the forum.

How can I support this site in some way. I don't see anywhere to go to find out. Mind you, I am not wealthy, but I do love chess.

Grit
  2. out on bail
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:27
    I also enjoy this site very much. I'm coming up to my 1st anniversary with RHP, and can honestly say I have not met one abusive, sore loser(or winner!); very refreshing.

I feel the best way to support RHP is to encourage new members.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:31
    Originally posted by grit
    I like being here, playing games, and being on the forum.

How can I support this site in some way. I don't see anywhere to go to find out. Mind you, I am not wealthy, but I do love chess.

Grit
    Level up to RHP Subscriber Status.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:34
    How do I do that and how much does it cost?

Grit
  5. USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:46
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/vstat/subs.php

It's $40 a year
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:47
    And what are the benefits?

Grit
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:58
    If you click on "help" and then on "subscription" it will detail the advantages of subscribing.

I consider it money well spent, and in fact I subscribed after I won money in a weekend over-the-board tournament. I think playing here helped me get into form to win the tournament.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 21:15
    Totally worth subscribing - you get a star! With Wings!
  9. The Smoke
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 17:171 edit
    Originally posted by grit
    And what are the benefits?

Grit
    ..and I thought you were offering unconditional love with your original post : How can I support this site in some way. I don't see anywhere to go to find out. Mind you, I am not wealthy, but I do love chess.

apparently not :-(
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 23:55
    some of the benefits of subscribing are:
    you get unlimited games. You are no longer stuck playing a max of 6 games. this means you can play chess until rooks comes out your ear and the bishop out your .....
    You get to join tournaments, ladder, etc. This means you can join competitions. Your games will no longer just be You vs some person. It'll be you against a whole bunch of people. There are many different types of tournaments and even thematic tournaments (with certain set openings). There's always a crudload of tournaments to join so you never have to worry about not having any to play in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree