Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 29 Sep '13 20:40 / 1 edit
    Where is a good place to play live chess that is NOT Yahoo? There is far, far too much cheating on Yahoo.
  2. 29 Sep '13 20:48
    I play on chesscube.com
  3. 29 Sep '13 20:52
    I also play there. Another little-known good site is Red Hot Pawn.
  4. 29 Sep '13 21:09 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    I also play there. Another little-known good site is Red Hot Pawn.
    They also have this little-known problem of their live chess being down.
  5. 29 Sep '13 21:13
    Try chess.com it's awesome, unlimited games, slow or live, no membership, and the forums aren't infested with liberal anti-west anti-christian anti-american anti-white hating trolls that slobber over the love of being *kewl* and uber-left radical.
  6. 29 Sep '13 22:11
    I like playchess.com. It has the advantage of being a standalone program which connects to the playchess.com server rather than a website. This means that the interface is far better than any website based chess server.
  7. 29 Sep '13 23:15
    He never said blitz…
  8. Standard member hedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    30 Sep '13 01:09
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    He never said blitz…
    ...but he did say 'live' 😉
  9. 30 Sep '13 23:52
    I'm up for a game now and again on chesscube at weekends eastern usa time, I can be online in the evening, I play under the name jfxr242
  10. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    01 Oct '13 23:42
    There is also chessgames.com but I play a lot at chess.com under the handle of Sonhouse strangely enough🙂
  11. 02 Oct '13 12:05
    Gameknot.com is good also and usually quite busy.
  12. 02 Oct '13 19:15
    Originally posted by Pawnografy
    Gameknot.com is good also and usually quite busy.
    FICS

free internet chess server!

download babas chess if you are a windows user and play
  13. 03 Oct '13 20:22
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Try chess.com it's awesome, unlimited games, slow or live, no membership, and the forums aren't infested with liberal anti-west anti-christian anti-american anti-white hating trolls that slobber over the love of being *kewl* and uber-left radical.
    chess.com only have a chess forum to stop that happening...
  14. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    04 Oct '13 04:22
    Originally posted by e4chris
    chess.com only have a chess forum to stop that happening...
    That's why chess.com's forums suck. Just when a discussion starts to get interesting, someone cries to mods and they kill the thread.
  15. 04 Oct '13 09:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That's why chess.com's forums suck. Just when a discussion starts to get interesting, someone cries to mods and they kill the thread.
    chess.com is essentially a blitz site, they are obsessed with blitz and chess openings, the best thing about it is the vote chess and the videos. I watched a great Yermolinsky video where he got stuck into people who play 'street chess', and call themselves tactical players.